Ruby on Rails 2.1, a planned upgrade to the popular open-source Web framework, could be released as soon as this weekend, the creator of the framework, David Heinemeier Hansson, said on Tuesday.
Microsoft's plan to include ODF support in its Office suite next year reflects continued challenges for the OOXML file format, as the industry moves ahead with adopting ODF and sorts out OOXML's troubles.
After losing out on many software tenders to the government, the Linux Professional Association (LPA) will engage the Public Procurement Oversight Authority (PPOA) in Kenya over procurement rules, according to the association chairman.
If you're thinking about open sourcing a project in the near future, Mozilla Corp. might be the perfect blueprint to follow.
Microsoft's declaration last week that it would finally support OpenDocument Format and join in further development of the rival document format was applauded by many critics as a major step forward, but the outcome of those steps will be under revie...
Microsoft's support for the OpenDocument Format (ODF) could mean greater opportunities for software makers already using the format, observers said Thursday.
European Union antitrust regulators reacted cautiously Thursday to Microsoft's announcement this week that the software maker will add support for Open Document Format (ODF) to its Office suite next year.
Despite trailing rivals in several individual categories, IBM's RAD (Rational Application Developer) nonetheless had the highest user satisfaction rates among several IDEs rated in an Evans Data study released on Wednesday.
In its "Scan Report on Open Source Software 2008," Coverity analyzed more than 55 million lines of code on a recurring basis from more than 250 open source projects. Detailed Tuesday, the project utilized the Coverity Prevent static source code analy...
It's been accused of zealotry in its time, but the Federation Against Software Theft (FAST) has decided to adopt a softer tone, founding a new body to reach out to the companies it usually polices with Robespierre-like fanaticism.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Westpac CIO: How my ‘200-year-old startup’ stays agile
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC