If you're thinking about open sourcing a project in the near future, Mozilla Corp. might be the perfect blueprint to follow.
Microsoft's declaration last week that it would finally support OpenDocument Format and join in further development of the rival document format was applauded by many critics as a major step forward, but the outcome of those steps will be under revie...
Microsoft's support for the OpenDocument Format (ODF) could mean greater opportunities for software makers already using the format, observers said Thursday.
European Union antitrust regulators reacted cautiously Thursday to Microsoft's announcement this week that the software maker will add support for Open Document Format (ODF) to its Office suite next year.
Despite trailing rivals in several individual categories, IBM's RAD (Rational Application Developer) nonetheless had the highest user satisfaction rates among several IDEs rated in an Evans Data study released on Wednesday.
In its "Scan Report on Open Source Software 2008," Coverity analyzed more than 55 million lines of code on a recurring basis from more than 250 open source projects. Detailed Tuesday, the project utilized the Coverity Prevent static source code analy...
It's been accused of zealotry in its time, but the Federation Against Software Theft (FAST) has decided to adopt a softer tone, founding a new body to reach out to the companies it usually polices with Robespierre-like fanaticism.
The eWAY online payment gateway service has signed an Australian-first deal with the Commonwealth Bank that it claims will revolutionise the way merchants set up and manage their Internet sales facilities.
Mozilla on Friday rolled out the release candidate for Firefox 3.0, bringing the open-source browser one step closer to its first major overhaul in nearly 19 months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia