Yahoo Wednesday became the latest company to provide developers with the opportunity to build rich Internet applications with some desktop functions with its unveiling of a preview version of a new offering called BrowserPlus.
The emergence of services-oriented architecture (SOA) from traditional object-oriented programming means that system design now requires a different approach, and therefore a new combination of skills.
Adobe Systems released Tuesday public beta versions of upcoming upgrades to the company's Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Soundbooth tools.
Google will host this week its most important conference yet for external developers, whose applications and mashups the company considers key to its success.
Ruby on Rails 2.1, a planned upgrade to the popular open-source Web framework, could be released as soon as this weekend, the creator of the framework, David Heinemeier Hansson, said on Tuesday.
Microsoft's plan to include ODF support in its Office suite next year reflects continued challenges for the OOXML file format, as the industry moves ahead with adopting ODF and sorts out OOXML's troubles.
After losing out on many software tenders to the government, the Linux Professional Association (LPA) will engage the Public Procurement Oversight Authority (PPOA) in Kenya over procurement rules, according to the association chairman.
If you're thinking about open sourcing a project in the near future, Mozilla Corp. might be the perfect blueprint to follow.
Microsoft's declaration last week that it would finally support OpenDocument Format and join in further development of the rival document format was applauded by many critics as a major step forward, but the outcome of those steps will be under revie...
Microsoft's support for the OpenDocument Format (ODF) could mean greater opportunities for software makers already using the format, observers said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT