Ruby on Rails 2.1, a planned upgrade to the popular open-source Web framework, could be released as soon as this weekend, the creator of the framework, David Heinemeier Hansson, said on Tuesday.
Microsoft's plan to include ODF support in its Office suite next year reflects continued challenges for the OOXML file format, as the industry moves ahead with adopting ODF and sorts out OOXML's troubles.
After losing out on many software tenders to the government, the Linux Professional Association (LPA) will engage the Public Procurement Oversight Authority (PPOA) in Kenya over procurement rules, according to the association chairman.
If you're thinking about open sourcing a project in the near future, Mozilla Corp. might be the perfect blueprint to follow.
Microsoft's declaration last week that it would finally support OpenDocument Format and join in further development of the rival document format was applauded by many critics as a major step forward, but the outcome of those steps will be under revie...
Microsoft's support for the OpenDocument Format (ODF) could mean greater opportunities for software makers already using the format, observers said Thursday.
European Union antitrust regulators reacted cautiously Thursday to Microsoft's announcement this week that the software maker will add support for Open Document Format (ODF) to its Office suite next year.
Despite trailing rivals in several individual categories, IBM's RAD (Rational Application Developer) nonetheless had the highest user satisfaction rates among several IDEs rated in an Evans Data study released on Wednesday.
In its "Scan Report on Open Source Software 2008," Coverity analyzed more than 55 million lines of code on a recurring basis from more than 250 open source projects. Detailed Tuesday, the project utilized the Coverity Prevent static source code analy...
It's been accused of zealotry in its time, but the Federation Against Software Theft (FAST) has decided to adopt a softer tone, founding a new body to reach out to the companies it usually polices with Robespierre-like fanaticism.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW