Google has upgraded its OpenSocial platform with a new REST (representational state transfer) API for applications that need to tap back-end servers for data and functionality.
Yahoo Wednesday became the latest company to provide developers with the opportunity to build rich Internet applications with some desktop functions with its unveiling of a preview version of a new offering called BrowserPlus.
The emergence of services-oriented architecture (SOA) from traditional object-oriented programming means that system design now requires a different approach, and therefore a new combination of skills.
Adobe Systems released Tuesday public beta versions of upcoming upgrades to the company's Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Soundbooth tools.
Google will host this week its most important conference yet for external developers, whose applications and mashups the company considers key to its success.
Ruby on Rails 2.1, a planned upgrade to the popular open-source Web framework, could be released as soon as this weekend, the creator of the framework, David Heinemeier Hansson, said on Tuesday.
Microsoft's plan to include ODF support in its Office suite next year reflects continued challenges for the OOXML file format, as the industry moves ahead with adopting ODF and sorts out OOXML's troubles.
After losing out on many software tenders to the government, the Linux Professional Association (LPA) will engage the Public Procurement Oversight Authority (PPOA) in Kenya over procurement rules, according to the association chairman.
If you're thinking about open sourcing a project in the near future, Mozilla Corp. might be the perfect blueprint to follow.
Microsoft's declaration last week that it would finally support OpenDocument Format and join in further development of the rival document format was applauded by many critics as a major step forward, but the outcome of those steps will be under revie...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCTest EngineerQLD
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC