Ruby on Rails 2.1, a planned upgrade to the popular open-source Web framework, could be released as soon as this weekend, the creator of the framework, David Heinemeier Hansson, said on Tuesday.
Microsoft's plan to include ODF support in its Office suite next year reflects continued challenges for the OOXML file format, as the industry moves ahead with adopting ODF and sorts out OOXML's troubles.
After losing out on many software tenders to the government, the Linux Professional Association (LPA) will engage the Public Procurement Oversight Authority (PPOA) in Kenya over procurement rules, according to the association chairman.
If you're thinking about open sourcing a project in the near future, Mozilla Corp. might be the perfect blueprint to follow.
Microsoft's declaration last week that it would finally support OpenDocument Format and join in further development of the rival document format was applauded by many critics as a major step forward, but the outcome of those steps will be under revie...
Microsoft's support for the OpenDocument Format (ODF) could mean greater opportunities for software makers already using the format, observers said Thursday.
European Union antitrust regulators reacted cautiously Thursday to Microsoft's announcement this week that the software maker will add support for Open Document Format (ODF) to its Office suite next year.
Despite trailing rivals in several individual categories, IBM's RAD (Rational Application Developer) nonetheless had the highest user satisfaction rates among several IDEs rated in an Evans Data study released on Wednesday.
In its "Scan Report on Open Source Software 2008," Coverity analyzed more than 55 million lines of code on a recurring basis from more than 250 open source projects. Detailed Tuesday, the project utilized the Coverity Prevent static source code analy...
It's been accused of zealotry in its time, but the Federation Against Software Theft (FAST) has decided to adopt a softer tone, founding a new body to reach out to the companies it usually polices with Robespierre-like fanaticism.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC