The emergence of services-oriented architecture (SOA) from traditional object-oriented programming means that system design now requires a different approach, and therefore a new combination of skills.
Adobe Systems released Tuesday public beta versions of upcoming upgrades to the company's Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Soundbooth tools.
Google will host this week its most important conference yet for external developers, whose applications and mashups the company considers key to its success.
Ruby on Rails 2.1, a planned upgrade to the popular open-source Web framework, could be released as soon as this weekend, the creator of the framework, David Heinemeier Hansson, said on Tuesday.
Microsoft's plan to include ODF support in its Office suite next year reflects continued challenges for the OOXML file format, as the industry moves ahead with adopting ODF and sorts out OOXML's troubles.
After losing out on many software tenders to the government, the Linux Professional Association (LPA) will engage the Public Procurement Oversight Authority (PPOA) in Kenya over procurement rules, according to the association chairman.
If you're thinking about open sourcing a project in the near future, Mozilla Corp. might be the perfect blueprint to follow.
Microsoft's declaration last week that it would finally support OpenDocument Format and join in further development of the rival document format was applauded by many critics as a major step forward, but the outcome of those steps will be under revie...
Microsoft's support for the OpenDocument Format (ODF) could mean greater opportunities for software makers already using the format, observers said Thursday.
European Union antitrust regulators reacted cautiously Thursday to Microsoft's announcement this week that the software maker will add support for Open Document Format (ODF) to its Office suite next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT