Here are some of the most prominent changes to Windows 10 from its predecessor.
The preview of Windows 8.1 reveals an operating system that corrects many, but not all, of its previous mistakes.
Here are 10 things we love about Ubuntu 13 and 5 things we hate.
These eight apps allow you to open a shell, run a shell script, tap the Linux command line, or otherwise put your Android-based smartphone to productive use. Most are available in free editions, and none will set you back more than a few dollars.
Winning entries from the annual Ruby on Rails coding contest.
Slick applications floating on AIR
Artificial intelligence projects are moving from the lab to the real world.
HP introduces increased automation capabilities and advanced integration across multiple applications in three major software suites.
Who's your daddy?
Freeware applications and open source software that provide IT managers with great tools at no cost.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia