Here are some of the most prominent changes to Windows 10 from its predecessor.
The preview of Windows 8.1 reveals an operating system that corrects many, but not all, of its previous mistakes.
Here are 10 things we love about Ubuntu 13 and 5 things we hate.
These eight apps allow you to open a shell, run a shell script, tap the Linux command line, or otherwise put your Android-based smartphone to productive use. Most are available in free editions, and none will set you back more than a few dollars.
Winning entries from the annual Ruby on Rails coding contest.
Slick applications floating on AIR
Artificial intelligence projects are moving from the lab to the real world.
HP introduces increased automation capabilities and advanced integration across multiple applications in three major software suites.
Who's your daddy?
Freeware applications and open source software that provide IT managers with great tools at no cost.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW