Easter eggs. No we're not talking about those foil-wrapped choccies, but rather hidden features in software programs. Usually yielding a video clip, animation or program credits, software Easter eggs are activated by pressing a set of secret keystrok...
PC World Business
Most Word users know they can use the mouse to drag a highlighted block of text to a new location in a document, but did you know you can also copy selected text to a new location? Here's how . . .
If you're like most users, the commands you employ most often in a newly created document are Save, Print, and Close. If only Microsoft had thought to combine these steps into one command. Fortunately, a quick-and-dirty macro can make a single comman...
Microsoft has announced -- and filled -- two more security holes in Office 97. Find out if the flaws affect you, and how to fix them.
Here's a quick-and-dirty workaround for people who prefer to separate their favourite sites from their frequently accessed local files, which the Favorites bar insists on displaying both together.
Windows 9x users can simply drag and drop to add Dial-Up Networking Shortcuts to the Start menu. For NT users, it's a little harder, but it can be done!
Make Windows 95 applications "remember" the size and position they last occupied on your desktop.
Dragging and dropping a graphics object in Word is easy, but it can be imprecise. Solution: use Word's built-in "nudging" ability. To move in very small increments, just select the object by clicking on it, and then press the cursor keys to "nudge" ...
Tired of bland manilla folders on your desktop? Colour code your icons with 3DFolders, a freeware collection of icons for any type of folder.
Have you ever wanted to perform some operation on the desktop, only to find that open applications' windows keep getting in the way? Clearing clutter on the Mac is made easy with the application switcher. Here's how . . .
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo expands product recall for ThinkPad laptop batteries
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
- Lenovo’s WRITEit app to supply more handwriting support for Windows devices
- For Microsoft, hardware and OS consistency key in Surface 3
- HP LaserJets use a new type of toner particle that can improve energy efficiency and print speed
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.