Easter eggs. No we're not talking about those foil-wrapped choccies, but rather hidden features in software programs. Usually yielding a video clip, animation or program credits, software Easter eggs are activated by pressing a set of secret keystrok...
PC World Business
Most Word users know they can use the mouse to drag a highlighted block of text to a new location in a document, but did you know you can also copy selected text to a new location? Here's how . . .
If you're like most users, the commands you employ most often in a newly created document are Save, Print, and Close. If only Microsoft had thought to combine these steps into one command. Fortunately, a quick-and-dirty macro can make a single comman...
Microsoft has announced -- and filled -- two more security holes in Office 97. Find out if the flaws affect you, and how to fix them.
Here's a quick-and-dirty workaround for people who prefer to separate their favourite sites from their frequently accessed local files, which the Favorites bar insists on displaying both together.
Windows 9x users can simply drag and drop to add Dial-Up Networking Shortcuts to the Start menu. For NT users, it's a little harder, but it can be done!
Make Windows 95 applications "remember" the size and position they last occupied on your desktop.
Dragging and dropping a graphics object in Word is easy, but it can be imprecise. Solution: use Word's built-in "nudging" ability. To move in very small increments, just select the object by clicking on it, and then press the cursor keys to "nudge" ...
Tired of bland manilla folders on your desktop? Colour code your icons with 3DFolders, a freeware collection of icons for any type of folder.
Have you ever wanted to perform some operation on the desktop, only to find that open applications' windows keep getting in the way? Clearing clutter on the Mac is made easy with the application switcher. Here's how . . .
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW