Microsoft Word's FullScreen view (View-Full Screen) reduces clutter and leaves more room for text. Find out how to use Word without its toolbars . . .
PC World Business
You're relaxing, doing a crossword on your coffee break, when you find yourself stumped for a seven-letter word for a brightly coloured bird. You have the first letter, "t", and the last letter, "r", and the correct answer is right there on the tip o...
You've always suspected that Win 95 took up more disk space than it needed to, and you may be right. Free up to 7MB of disk space by following this simple procedure . . .
Theoretically, a software upgrade replaces an older version while maintaining your preferences and custom configurations. In reality, some upgrades (particularly browsers) turn on you and make your life miserable. Here's how to defend yourself.
Printing from a Web browser is difficult at the best of times, but printing a single frame can be even harder. Fortunately, you can work around the problem in both Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer.
Is your CD-ROM drive acting a little sluggish? It may be worth investing in a CD-ROM cache utility such as CD-Quick Cache. Find out why . . .
If you aren't already asking yourself this, you probably will be soon. That's because NT, once the ugly stepchild of Microsoft operating systems, has blossomed into a valuable tool for business-oriented computing. Armed with the same interface as Win...
Your Web browser may be more clever than you know -- both Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator feature inbuilt search mechanisms to make navigating the Web a little more easy
There's a better way to time your Net connection than watching the clock -- let LogTime do it for you. And what's more, this free program, keeps a running total of your weekly or monthly connection expenses
Not all of the new utilities in Win 98 are available on the Start menus. But if you have the Windows 98 upgrade CD, you can install the Windows 98 Resource Kit Sampler, which includes a range of programs of varying usefulness.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Budget 2016: A "missed opportunity" for startups
- Aussie start-up, Rundl, hits $5bn transaction milestone
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA