Your Web browser may be more clever than you know -- both Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator feature inbuilt search mechanisms to make navigating the Web a little more easy
PC World Business
There's a better way to time your Net connection than watching the clock -- let LogTime do it for you. And what's more, this free program, keeps a running total of your weekly or monthly connection expenses
Not all of the new utilities in Win 98 are available on the Start menus. But if you have the Windows 98 upgrade CD, you can install the Windows 98 Resource Kit Sampler, which includes a range of programs of varying usefulness.
Microsoft Plus pack's System Agent scheduling tool sometimes ignores your chosen options -- what's going on?
Once you have enabled the password option in your CMOS setup program, your system will prompt you for the password at boot-up, before it gets to the operating system. But what can you do if you forget the password?
At boot-up, Windows 98 checks to see if a floppy drive is present, which adds a few seconds to the process. You can start your system a bit faster by bypassing this drive check.
If you use a modem, downloading lots of files off the Web is a pain. Headlight Software's GetRight can simplify the process.
Looking for a way to include images, sounds, documents and Web pages in a slideshow or presentation? There are a number of inexpensive shareware programs that let you do exactly that . . .
Here's a great way to filter out junk e-mail, suggested by PC World reader Anthony Ferrer. Since most spammers send their messages to mailing lists, just set your mail client to reject any message not intended for you personally.
One way to make your data legible is to apply cell shading to every other row in a range. In Excel 97 or later, select the range and choose Format-Conditional Formatting. In the Conditional Formatting dialogue box, select Formula Is from the drop-dow...
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC