Windows Update, a utility that connects to a database of the latest device drivers on Microsoft's Web site, can simplify driver updates, provided you use Windows 98.
PC World Business
You can turn any .bmp file into an icon simply by changing its extension to .ico. Click the bitmap file you want to change, select File-Rename, and then replace the .bmp extension with .ico. Press <Enter>, and Windows will immediately replace the app...
Windows screens get cluttered fast, especially if you're working on an older machine or laptop system that forces you to work in 640 x 480 resolution. Here are some coping strategies.
The McAfee Office suite is a tempting buy. For less than $200 you get a grab bag of ten separate, free-standing utilities -- including VirusScan, Nuts & Bolts 98, and Guard Dog -- that would cost hundreds of dollars if purchased separately. However, ...
Wallpaper graphics are a great way to customise your desktop. Unfortunately, Windows drops wallpaper files into the Windows folder, amid the million other files located there. In IE 4 and Windows 98, Microsoft has added a folder just for wallpaper fi...
In a rush to get PhotoShop 5.0 out the door last year, it seems Adobe shipped it with a surprise -- lots of bugs. Adobe has since released a patch aimed at fixing many of the problems. The software fix will "upgrade" PhotoShop to 5.0.2 by making chan...
Diskettes are almost universally reviled for being too slow and too small, yet almost everyone depends on them for backing up individual files and sharing data among computers. But formatting them is a chore. You have to open Explorer, then navigate ...
Wanting to buy a house, but don't have the time to check out every renovator's delight? We've discovered two useful Australian property Web sites that you may want to check out.
If you regularly take work home, you will know how difficult it is to keep all your files in sync. If there are only a couple of files involved, you can keep tabs on them by checking their date stamps in Windows Explorer. But if you have numerous fil...
For a Unix aficionado, a Linux installation is a walk in the park. For a life-long Windows user, it's a bungee jump into the unknown. Neale Morison describes his first encounter with today's hottest alternative operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW