Windows Update, a utility that connects to a database of the latest device drivers on Microsoft's Web site, can simplify driver updates, provided you use Windows 98.
PC World Business
You can turn any .bmp file into an icon simply by changing its extension to .ico. Click the bitmap file you want to change, select File-Rename, and then replace the .bmp extension with .ico. Press <Enter>, and Windows will immediately replace the app...
Windows screens get cluttered fast, especially if you're working on an older machine or laptop system that forces you to work in 640 x 480 resolution. Here are some coping strategies.
The McAfee Office suite is a tempting buy. For less than $200 you get a grab bag of ten separate, free-standing utilities -- including VirusScan, Nuts & Bolts 98, and Guard Dog -- that would cost hundreds of dollars if purchased separately. However, ...
Wallpaper graphics are a great way to customise your desktop. Unfortunately, Windows drops wallpaper files into the Windows folder, amid the million other files located there. In IE 4 and Windows 98, Microsoft has added a folder just for wallpaper fi...
In a rush to get PhotoShop 5.0 out the door last year, it seems Adobe shipped it with a surprise -- lots of bugs. Adobe has since released a patch aimed at fixing many of the problems. The software fix will "upgrade" PhotoShop to 5.0.2 by making chan...
Diskettes are almost universally reviled for being too slow and too small, yet almost everyone depends on them for backing up individual files and sharing data among computers. But formatting them is a chore. You have to open Explorer, then navigate ...
Wanting to buy a house, but don't have the time to check out every renovator's delight? We've discovered two useful Australian property Web sites that you may want to check out.
If you regularly take work home, you will know how difficult it is to keep all your files in sync. If there are only a couple of files involved, you can keep tabs on them by checking their date stamps in Windows Explorer. But if you have numerous fil...
For a Unix aficionado, a Linux installation is a walk in the park. For a life-long Windows user, it's a bungee jump into the unknown. Neale Morison describes his first encounter with today's hottest alternative operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA