When you copy part of a numbered list in Word 7 or 97 and paste it into a new document, Word automatically renumbers the first line with a 1. Here's how to preserve your original numbering sequence.
PC World Business
Some programs mysteriously launch whenever your Windows system boots, even though they don't appear in the StartUp folder or in win.ini or system.ini. What's going on?
There's never been a better time for a business to refresh its devices. Intel offers a range of business solutions, from Servers to SSD, but also 2 in 1 products and also the NUC unit which is set to revolutionise your desktop. Click here to read more information on these products.
Excel lacks a function for calculating the number of days in a particular month. Here's a workaround.
When you install a new application, your system will often be changed in ways that aren't immediately obvious. Changes to the "right-click" (context) menus are a case in point. If you later uninstall the application, context menu debris may remain. H...
Free POP3 e-mail? Yes there is such a thing! Free e-mail accounts like Hotmail mean you have to view your e-mail on the Web, POP3 on the other hand, means you can use a program like Outlook to read and compose your mail offline
"Back up your data" is probably second only to "eat your vegetables" as good advice that's often ignored. But you ignore it at your peril -- hard drives have grown vastly more reliable, but they can still fail
In case you haven't noticed, Windows 98 and Internet Explorer 4 add tonnes of new toolbars to the screen. Though these toolbars represent potential time savers (or at least click savers), how do you cope with the visual noise they add?
If you want to move a lot of applications to another disk, or if you've lost the original program disks or disc, here's an alternative approach.....
Internet Explorer 4.0 provides you with a bigger view of any Web page by allowing you to expand the browser to fill the entire screen
I would like to know whether it is possible to have two soundcards in one computer and set them up so that one is used for playback and one for recording
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 4 Motorola Moto E review
- 5 OnePlus One: An Australian review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Belkin AC1750 DB wireless router
- Mobile apps could be abused to make expensive phone calls
- Google's search app gets friendlier to bilingual Android users
- OPPO-rtunistic: China smartphone heavyweight set for Australian launch
- Intel highlights more of its wireless computing plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW