If you regularly take work home, you will know how difficult it is to keep all your files in sync. If there are only a couple of files involved, you can keep tabs on them by checking their date stamps in Windows Explorer. But if you have numerous fil...
PC World Business
For a Unix aficionado, a Linux installation is a walk in the park. For a life-long Windows user, it's a bungee jump into the unknown. Neale Morison describes his first encounter with today's hottest alternative operating system.
When you copy part of a numbered list in Word 7 or 97 and paste it into a new document, Word automatically renumbers the first line with a 1. Here's how to preserve your original numbering sequence.
Some programs mysteriously launch whenever your Windows system boots, even though they don't appear in the StartUp folder or in win.ini or system.ini. What's going on?
Excel lacks a function for calculating the number of days in a particular month. Here's a workaround.
When you install a new application, your system will often be changed in ways that aren't immediately obvious. Changes to the "right-click" (context) menus are a case in point. If you later uninstall the application, context menu debris may remain. H...
Free POP3 e-mail? Yes there is such a thing! Free e-mail accounts like Hotmail mean you have to view your e-mail on the Web, POP3 on the other hand, means you can use a program like Outlook to read and compose your mail offline
"Back up your data" is probably second only to "eat your vegetables" as good advice that's often ignored. But you ignore it at your peril -- hard drives have grown vastly more reliable, but they can still fail
In case you haven't noticed, Windows 98 and Internet Explorer 4 add tonnes of new toolbars to the screen. Though these toolbars represent potential time savers (or at least click savers), how do you cope with the visual noise they add?
If you want to move a lot of applications to another disk, or if you've lost the original program disks or disc, here's an alternative approach.....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Bank of England wants next payment system to be blockchain-ready
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia