When you copy part of a numbered list in Word 7 or 97 and paste it into a new document, Word automatically renumbers the first line with a 1. Here's how to preserve your original numbering sequence.
PC World Business
Some programs mysteriously launch whenever your Windows system boots, even though they don't appear in the StartUp folder or in win.ini or system.ini. What's going on?
Excel lacks a function for calculating the number of days in a particular month. Here's a workaround.
When you install a new application, your system will often be changed in ways that aren't immediately obvious. Changes to the "right-click" (context) menus are a case in point. If you later uninstall the application, context menu debris may remain. H...
Free POP3 e-mail? Yes there is such a thing! Free e-mail accounts like Hotmail mean you have to view your e-mail on the Web, POP3 on the other hand, means you can use a program like Outlook to read and compose your mail offline
"Back up your data" is probably second only to "eat your vegetables" as good advice that's often ignored. But you ignore it at your peril -- hard drives have grown vastly more reliable, but they can still fail
In case you haven't noticed, Windows 98 and Internet Explorer 4 add tonnes of new toolbars to the screen. Though these toolbars represent potential time savers (or at least click savers), how do you cope with the visual noise they add?
If you want to move a lot of applications to another disk, or if you've lost the original program disks or disc, here's an alternative approach.....
Internet Explorer 4.0 provides you with a bigger view of any Web page by allowing you to expand the browser to fill the entire screen
I would like to know whether it is possible to have two soundcards in one computer and set them up so that one is used for playback and one for recording
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC