If you regularly take work home, you will know how difficult it is to keep all your files in sync. If there are only a couple of files involved, you can keep tabs on them by checking their date stamps in Windows Explorer. But if you have numerous fil...
PC World Business
For a Unix aficionado, a Linux installation is a walk in the park. For a life-long Windows user, it's a bungee jump into the unknown. Neale Morison describes his first encounter with today's hottest alternative operating system.
When you copy part of a numbered list in Word 7 or 97 and paste it into a new document, Word automatically renumbers the first line with a 1. Here's how to preserve your original numbering sequence.
Some programs mysteriously launch whenever your Windows system boots, even though they don't appear in the StartUp folder or in win.ini or system.ini. What's going on?
Excel lacks a function for calculating the number of days in a particular month. Here's a workaround.
When you install a new application, your system will often be changed in ways that aren't immediately obvious. Changes to the "right-click" (context) menus are a case in point. If you later uninstall the application, context menu debris may remain. H...
Free POP3 e-mail? Yes there is such a thing! Free e-mail accounts like Hotmail mean you have to view your e-mail on the Web, POP3 on the other hand, means you can use a program like Outlook to read and compose your mail offline
"Back up your data" is probably second only to "eat your vegetables" as good advice that's often ignored. But you ignore it at your peril -- hard drives have grown vastly more reliable, but they can still fail
In case you haven't noticed, Windows 98 and Internet Explorer 4 add tonnes of new toolbars to the screen. Though these toolbars represent potential time savers (or at least click savers), how do you cope with the visual noise they add?
If you want to move a lot of applications to another disk, or if you've lost the original program disks or disc, here's an alternative approach.....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- FTArcSight/SIEM Platform Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTData ScientistSA
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTMid Level Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW