Sound Recorder only seems to record for 60 seconds, and I see no way to make it work for a longer period. Do I need to install extra software/hardware in order to record tunes of a decent length?
PC World Business
I have a Pentium 200 with an 800MB hard drive which is running out of space. Can I use FAT32 on Windows 95? I have been advised against it. Why would that be? And if I can do it safely, how would I install it?
I read with great interest your August article on starting multiple programs with one batch file (Start multiple apps at once, p140). It was just what I needed to open Eudora, ICQ and other applications without all the double-clicking. Now I'm wonder...
The cheat sheet to removing icons from the desktop that just won't budge
I am shopping around for a laptop -- I am becoming more and more confused with the different types of displays on offer from the different manufacturers: Passive DSTN, Passive XGA, TFT Active Colour Screen, XGA TFT Colour Screen etc. Are these all di...
How can I put a password on my Web page so that only a privileged few can access the page?
I am going to upgrade to a new system soon and was just wondering about AMD's new processor, the K6-2 300
Newsgroups are very handy if you have a technical problem to resolve, a special interest to discuss with other enthusiasts, or an issue to share with sympathetic listeners
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple misses iPhone estimates, but sales and profits excel
- Microsoft reports first quarterly loss since 2012 after Nokia write-down
- Intel profit falls as PC slump continues
- Lenovo expands product recall for ThinkPad laptop batteries
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW