Sound Recorder only seems to record for 60 seconds, and I see no way to make it work for a longer period. Do I need to install extra software/hardware in order to record tunes of a decent length?
PC World Business
I have a Pentium 200 with an 800MB hard drive which is running out of space. Can I use FAT32 on Windows 95? I have been advised against it. Why would that be? And if I can do it safely, how would I install it?
I read with great interest your August article on starting multiple programs with one batch file (Start multiple apps at once, p140). It was just what I needed to open Eudora, ICQ and other applications without all the double-clicking. Now I'm wonder...
The cheat sheet to removing icons from the desktop that just won't budge
I am shopping around for a laptop -- I am becoming more and more confused with the different types of displays on offer from the different manufacturers: Passive DSTN, Passive XGA, TFT Active Colour Screen, XGA TFT Colour Screen etc. Are these all di...
How can I put a password on my Web page so that only a privileged few can access the page?
I am going to upgrade to a new system soon and was just wondering about AMD's new processor, the K6-2 300
Newsgroups are very handy if you have a technical problem to resolve, a special interest to discuss with other enthusiasts, or an issue to share with sympathetic listeners
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT