Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
Printers & Imaging - News
A range of new business and consumer laser and inkjet printers have been unveiled at HP's Global Influencer Summit in Shanghai.
Our survey results show up-and-down results for many printer makers. Samsung received high marks for its printers’ reliability and copy speed, but poor ones for photo and graphics printing quality. Participating readers esteemed Xerox for its machine...
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gi...
There are a host of 3D printers out there, but none are as simple and inexpensive as the Printrbot created by Brook Drumm. It’s still in Kickstarter mode</a>, but as of this writing,( the Printbot has already met the pledge goal. So we’re going to be...
Epson has made a bold first move into the small-to-medium business and enterprise printing space, with the launch of two new inkjet multifunction printers under the WorkForce Pro moniker. The company is largely known for its consumer printers and pro...
If you're a big chocoholic, you might have dreamed of swimming in a sea of chocolate, or at least having a never ending supply. While neither of those are likely to happen, the University of Exeter in the UK has created something just as cool: a 3D p...
In case you missed Wednesday night's episode of the Colbert Report, we thought we'd show you Stephen Colbert getting his head 3D printed by MakerBot Industries. Is that the geekiest thing you've ever seen on the Colbert Report or what?
Could you print counterfeit money, certificates, or other official documents on a color laser or LED printer? Some current printer models are indeed capable of creating reasonable facsimiles. The authorities, however, have already taken steps to thwa...
Cisco Systems has teamed up with Xerox to create a mobile printing system that lets users print from any device to any printer.
Hewlett-Packard on Thursday enhanced its mobile printing service by adding support for Google's Cloud Print, which will enable smartphones and tablet users to print documents from applications such as Gmail and Google Docs.
Epson has launched its most advanced inkjet photo printer, the Epson Stylus Photo R3000.
Cornell University scientists have used a 3D printer to build a replica of a human ear using silicone. The Cornell scientists, working at the university's Computational Synthesis Laboratory, created a 3D model of the ear using modelling software and ...
A legal battle threatened to break out last week after a 3D modeller initially claimed copyright on a design he created for use with a 3D printer. The design is based on the famous Penrose triangle optical illusion.
Xerox on Monday offered a glimpse into the future of its printing products, announcing a high-speed inkjet printer that employs a new type of liquid-free ink to produce higher quality prints while reducing costs.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP offers US$1 billion for Samsung's printer business
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystWA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperNSW