A legal battle threatened to break out last week after a 3D modeller initially claimed copyright on a design he created for use with a 3D printer. The design is based on the famous Penrose triangle optical illusion.
Printers & Imaging - News
Xerox on Monday offered a glimpse into the future of its printing products, announcing a high-speed inkjet printer that employs a new type of liquid-free ink to produce higher quality prints while reducing costs.
Canon has announced four new multifunction inkjet printers for small businesses — the PIXMA MX360, PIXMA MX410, PIXMA MX420 and PIXMA MX885 — and a new A3 printer, the Canon PIXMA iX6550.
Maybe you have a dusty shoebox of old slides, or perhaps you're an aficionado of film photography and have a pile of negatives.
American film studio Pixar has been experimenting with 3D printing, with Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich posting photos on Twitter of 3D-printed characters.
Google on Monday started rolling out a new feature in the U.S. that lets people send documents to be printed on remote printers from their Android devices and iPhones.
First we could print on paper, next came 3D-printed plastics, then food, a flute, and even a car!
World trade authorities have ordered the European Union to scrap tariffs on three types of consumer electronics from Taiwan, Japan and the United States no later than June, ending a 3-year-old trade dispute.
Canon has launched a 'Back to School, Back to Work' promotion that offers 'creative packs' to purchasers of select PIXMA printers until 31 March.
The activists behind Operation Payback have come up with a new way to annoy corporations that have severed their ties with WikiLeaks: bombard them with faxes.
If you're too time-starved to visit a shop to get your photos printed, many retailers have online services that will do the same job and save you time. We take a look at some of the options on offer for Australians.
Wireless printers are increasingly popular, because such printers are easy to share and can reside just about anywhere you wish -- within reach of the Wi-Fi signal, of course. The vast majority of wireless printer installations will run smoothly if y...
The 3D printing scene is just getting weirder and weirder as more and more 3D printers get out into the wild. Today's 3D printing development is a series of extendable clamps that allows the MakerBot 3D printer to print larger objects. This is not pa...
Last week, GeekTech bought you the story of the awesome Lego 3D scanner, which literally bought two-dimensional Lego objects to life. Now, quirky gift company Shapeways has taken it one step further, creating an intricate glass vase that your grandma...
With mobile phone cameras getting better and better, more people are using their smartphones as their primary cameras. Eventually, you'll want to print the cherished family photos that you've saved on your phone. Rather than dealing with MicroSD card...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- HP offers US$1 billion for Samsung's printer business
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSuperannuation Fund AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- CCGIS ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractQLD
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW