The HP Envy 120 is an inkjet multifunction printer that looks more like a piece of home entertainment equipment -- an amplifier, Blu-ray player, or particularly swanky home theatre PC -- than a printer. It’s designed this way so that it doesn’t stick...
Printers & Imaging - Reviews
Printers may not be the sexiest or most interesting pieces of technology, but if you’re running any kind of business operation, or even a simple home office, odds are you’ll need to print something sooner or later.
For many of us, a scanner isn't something that's high on our wishlist of tech gear. But there are still some interesting models out there, and compact ones at that. Fujitsu's ScanSnap S1100 Portable Scanner is one of them, and it's very convenient if...
The HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw color laser multifunction lacks nothing in the way of hardware features. Its connectivity and paper handling are top-notch, though its capacity is just enough for a small workgroup (the printer's intended audi...
Canon's new PIXMA MX516 is an inkjet multifunction printer aimed at home and small business users. It's got a good feature-set for a $139 printer: wireless and wired networking, an automatic document feeder, a fax and printing from iOS and Android de...
Canon’s Pixma MX892 Wireless Inkjet Office All-In-One color inkjet multifunction printer (for printing, copying, faxing, and scanning) is suitable for a home or very small office. It delivered good output quality in our tests, and supports both autom...
The Canon Pixma MG3120 wireless inkjet photo all-in-one is one of the least-expensive color inkjet multifunction printers you can find that offers paper-saving automatic duplex printing. It also prints reasonably quickly, produces good output, and is...
The Samsung ML-2955DW monochrome laser printer is notable for its very low street price (US$150 as of February 8, 2012) and its full network connectivity, namely USB, ethernet, and Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, the expensive toner restricts it to low-volume ...
The first thing you'll notice about the $169 HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One color inkjet multifunction printer is that it looks better than the competition. But it’s also a good printer, with first-rate output quality and better-than-average print s...
The Brother MFC-J825W, at $229, represents the higher end of home office multifunction inkjet printers. As you’d expect it’s got every feature that this price-point demands: an automatic document feeder, a split photo/plain paper tray, scan/copy/fax ...
In a world filled with cheap but underpowered inkjet multifunction printers (MFPs), using the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus is a pleasant departure. One of the most competent MFPs for the price (US$300 as of 12/05/2011), it lacks nothing in its features...
Despite its successful ranges of laser printer, Epson has spent plenty of time over the last few years trying to prove that an inkjet really can do the job of a laser.Inkjets are still generally considered to produce better colour images, but their f...
The HP Envy 110 e-All-in-One inkjet multifunction printer looks like a classy VCR, acts like a Transformer toy, and prints magnificent photos. It's also fully equipped for cloud printing. Is all that enough to make you forget its costly inks? Aesthet...
If you're a fan of futuristic controls, you'll love the handsome Canon Pixma MG6220 color inkjet multifunction (print/scan/copy). The controls and LCD screen are embedded into the scanner lid, and you'll feel like you're operating the transporter in ...
Samsung's CLP-775ND color laser printer has power to spare for a busy workgroup, at a midrange price of $750 (as of September 21, 2011). It breaks no new ground in output quality -- photos are a challenge for it, as they are for most color lasers; bu...
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- HP offers US$1 billion for Samsung's printer business
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Technical Consultant - MicrosoftACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT
- FTITIL Service ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD