IBM and Bank of Tokyo say they’ve developed a smart contract prototype to manage their IT services engagement on a blockchain. Here’s why IT outsourcing deals may be a low-risk proving ground for multiparty blockchain applications.
The UK’s Computer Weekly reports that, on Monday, The Australian High Commission in the UK held an event for UK startups, called “The Australian technology and innovation forum” which hoped to attract UK innovators and startups should Brexit happen.
There's nothing like a great projector to really impress your visitors, whether it's for a studio space, a museum, a warehouse, a boardroom, or any other type of area that requires a big presence and a high quality image to go along with it.
Acer’s P1383W is an appealing projector thanks to its high ease of use and a competitive price. It’s suitable for first-time buyers who are switching from a television or building their first home entertainment area, or for small businesses that need something for their boardroom. But is its performance memorable enough to make it worth considering?
The Acer Projector C20 Series is designed for users who require the use of a pico projector while travelling. It's tiny, it can run on battery power and it also possesses a bit of a 'wow factor' (purely because many people aren't used to seeing a projector this small).
The BenQ SP890 is a Full HD 1080p multimedia projector that's equally at home displaying slideshows and stock reports as it is with Blu-ray movies. Its high brightness level makes it a good choice for boardroom presentations, but good contrast detail and black levels means it can deliver high quality movie playback relatively easily. We did notice a few image quality flaws with some movie titles, but a casual user will easily be impressed by the SP890's versatility.
HP's Notebook Projection Companion is tiny and just a little bit awesome. This pico projector is easy to carry around in your notebook bag, and it even comes with a little tripod.
The InFocus IN3902 is a projector with a 1024x768 resolution, 2000:1 contrast ratio and 3000 lumen brightness rating. It's designed for educational institutions, and its specifications make it suited to presentations in a brightly lit, medium-sized classroom. The inclusion of integrated wireless pen functionality could prove to be a boon for presenters.
The InFocus IN3114 is a 1024x768 XGA data projector that has a high brightness rating of 3500 ANSI lumens and a contrast ratio of 2100:1. Its colours are vivid and saturated without losing accuracy and it offers good performance for an acceptable price tag.
The InFocus IN2114 is a business projector that makes a good compromise between the projector Holy Trinity of high brightness, high contrast and low fan noise. It's compact and reasonably versatile, and its price tag isn't excessive.
The Hitachi CP-DW10N is a short-throw business projector that can display a 90in image from less than a metre of projection distance. Its specifications make it suitable for small meeting rooms, though it has a few quirks.
The InFocus IN5504 is a titanic installation projector aimed at high-end audiovisual installations for rooms such as university halls and auditoriums. It has impressive specifications, and its striking modern aesthetics and a clever design make it a good choice for a long-term installation. Most importantly it's reasonably priced given its specifications, making it an economical choice compared to other installation projectors.
Picking the right projector for your boardroom or showroom can be a confusing experience. Projectors have different sizes, resolutions and brightness levels. The appropriate projector will depend on the size and brightness of your environment, and then you have to consider all the connectivity and mounting options you'll need. In this feature we look at some of the latest models to hit the market and whether they will suit your business.
NEC today unveiled two high brightness DLP based multifunction projectors for auditoriums and large conference rooms — the NP4100 and NP4100W. These projectors have advanced features and a dual lamp system that enables high reliability and superior installation flexibility.
Equipped with an extreme-short-throw projection technology the new ViewSonic PJD5351 is capable of producing a 60in image from a distance of only 0.9 metre with a throw ratio of 0.9:1. It has a native resolution of XGA (1024x768), a brightness of 2500 ANSI lumens and a 2400:1 contrast ratio.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NEC unveils new line of DLP projectors
- ViewSonic launches super short-throw portable projector
- Digislide debuts Digishow ‘pico’ projector at CeBIT
- ViewSonic unveils new compact projector - the PJD5111
- No more NEC in Australian retail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW