The UK’s Computer Weekly reports that, on Monday, The Australian High Commission in the UK held an event for UK startups, called “The Australian technology and innovation forum” which hoped to attract UK innovators and startups should Brexit happen.
There's nothing like a great projector to really impress your visitors, whether it's for a studio space, a museum, a warehouse, a boardroom, or any other type of area that requires a big presence and a high quality image to go along with it.
Acer’s P1383W is an appealing projector thanks to its high ease of use and a competitive price. It’s suitable for first-time buyers who are switching from a television or building their first home entertainment area, or for small businesses that need something for their boardroom. But is its performance memorable enough to make it worth considering?
The Acer Projector C20 Series is designed for users who require the use of a pico projector while travelling. It's tiny, it can run on battery power and it also possesses a bit of a 'wow factor' (purely because many people aren't used to seeing a projector this small).
The BenQ SP890 is a Full HD 1080p multimedia projector that's equally at home displaying slideshows and stock reports as it is with Blu-ray movies. Its high brightness level makes it a good choice for boardroom presentations, but good contrast detail and black levels means it can deliver high quality movie playback relatively easily. We did notice a few image quality flaws with some movie titles, but a casual user will easily be impressed by the SP890's versatility.
HP's Notebook Projection Companion is tiny and just a little bit awesome. This pico projector is easy to carry around in your notebook bag, and it even comes with a little tripod.
The InFocus IN3902 is a projector with a 1024x768 resolution, 2000:1 contrast ratio and 3000 lumen brightness rating. It's designed for educational institutions, and its specifications make it suited to presentations in a brightly lit, medium-sized classroom. The inclusion of integrated wireless pen functionality could prove to be a boon for presenters.
The InFocus IN3114 is a 1024x768 XGA data projector that has a high brightness rating of 3500 ANSI lumens and a contrast ratio of 2100:1. Its colours are vivid and saturated without losing accuracy and it offers good performance for an acceptable price tag.
The InFocus IN2114 is a business projector that makes a good compromise between the projector Holy Trinity of high brightness, high contrast and low fan noise. It's compact and reasonably versatile, and its price tag isn't excessive.
The Hitachi CP-DW10N is a short-throw business projector that can display a 90in image from less than a metre of projection distance. Its specifications make it suitable for small meeting rooms, though it has a few quirks.
The InFocus IN5504 is a titanic installation projector aimed at high-end audiovisual installations for rooms such as university halls and auditoriums. It has impressive specifications, and its striking modern aesthetics and a clever design make it a good choice for a long-term installation. Most importantly it's reasonably priced given its specifications, making it an economical choice compared to other installation projectors.
Picking the right projector for your boardroom or showroom can be a confusing experience. Projectors have different sizes, resolutions and brightness levels. The appropriate projector will depend on the size and brightness of your environment, and then you have to consider all the connectivity and mounting options you'll need. In this feature we look at some of the latest models to hit the market and whether they will suit your business.
NEC today unveiled two high brightness DLP based multifunction projectors for auditoriums and large conference rooms — the NP4100 and NP4100W. These projectors have advanced features and a dual lamp system that enables high reliability and superior installation flexibility.
Equipped with an extreme-short-throw projection technology the new ViewSonic PJD5351 is capable of producing a 60in image from a distance of only 0.9 metre with a throw ratio of 0.9:1. It has a native resolution of XGA (1024x768), a brightness of 2500 ANSI lumens and a 2400:1 contrast ratio.
At CeBIT in Sydney, technology company Digislide exhibited its take on the portable projector.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- NEC unveils new line of DLP projectors
- ViewSonic launches super short-throw portable projector
- Digislide debuts Digishow ‘pico’ projector at CeBIT
- ViewSonic unveils new compact projector - the PJD5111
- No more NEC in Australian retail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCVendor ManagerVIC