Sanyo Electric has unveiled a short-throw laser projector that can display a 100-inch high-definition image that's brighter and has more vivid colors than anything else on the market, it said this week.
Projectors - News
Epson has released two new 1080p home entertainment projectors.
Mobile user interfaces and a new version of Bluetooth top Gartner Research's list of mobile technologies to watch in 2009 and 2010.
NEC Australia has announced a cessation of its retail operations commencing March 1, with 200 staff to be made redundant.
NEC Australia today announced it will withdraw from the local consumer electronics market to focus on business services in a move that will result in 200 redundancies.
The growing pico-projector market is getting a jolt here at the Consumer Electronics Show, with announcements from a range of vendors. The latest company to enter the market is Samsung Mobile, announcing the MBP200 Pico Projector.
The tech-world's epicenter shifts to Las Vegas this week as the 2009 International Consumer Electronics Show kicks off. Over the next week expect a parade of shiny, tiny, and wireless gadgets from CES exhibitors -including a 3G watch-phone from LG El...
Thieves got away with $140,000 worth of electrical goods after breaking into Dick Smith’s Powerhouse store in Penrith on Tuesday.
Microsoft demonstrated a number of technologies that it is developing in its research department or in collaboration with university researchers, including a sphere-shaped touchscreen device, at its annual faculty get together.
Sony Australia has added four new micro-portable business projectors to expand its E-series line of video projection systems.
The concept of ultraportable, pocket projectors isn't new: Mitsubishi and Samsung both have models they refer to as "pocket" size. By comparison with Microvision's new prototype projector, those models are boulder-sized rocks.
For several years people have been talking about the idea of miniaturizing a projector so that it's small enough to fit inside a mobile phone or digital camera. Now it's finally been done, and 3M is demonstrating a prototype of such a device at this ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Win an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab in the 2012 PC World Media Usage survey
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTMid Level Web DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTSupport LeadNSW
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- CCBI Program Director/ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/Systems Analyst (DW/BI)ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT