Microsoft's interpretation of the "Close" button in a notification of an impending Windows 10 upgrade is contrary to its own design guidelines.
Google remains on its quest to replace passwords with something more secure. The latest effort is from the company’s Project Abacus, which favors a system of biometrics to authenticate identity.
Now when ransomware tries to take over your computer, there’s something you can be sides pay up: stop it, buy more time to deal with it or mitigate the damage it might do, Security BSides Boston conference was told.
A hacker is trying to sell a database dump containing account records for 167 million LinkedIn users.
Many cybercriminals can call on an extensive network of specialists for "business" expertise, including people who train and recruit, who launder money, and who provide escrow services, according to a new white paper.
Microsoft today opened the preview of its Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to all enterprise IT professionals.
Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that combines ransomware and information stealing capabilities.
Bangalore Bank, a commercial bank in Vietnam and ... Sony Pictures are the unlikely bedfellows in a tale of cyber intrigue uncovered by security researchers at BAE Systems.
Internet security is in crisis. These four proposals offer tangible solutions -- including one scheme to change the Internet's workings from top to bottom
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." - According to Field and Stream magazine, this is an oft quoted hunting expression. I couldn’t resist the irony of applying this quote to the cyber security industry where hunting is indeed a sport. The good guys and the bad guys both know that they are in the game.
In today’s day and age we see a huge amount of excitement around finding the biggest and best presents for kids. Not only this, children are encouraged to surf the web and use mobile apps from a young age. We are seeing toddlers trading toy cars and stuffed animals for tablets and mobile devices. Children are so attracted to having games and electronic devices to play with, they unwittingly give over their personal details without a second thought. Children are now so au fait with technology that it’s not unusual for children under the age of 4 to play with their tablets, mobile devices and watching TV right before bed.
All blogs hosted on Google's blogspot.com domain can now be accessed over an encrypted HTTPS connection.
Potential version of the FB Messenger iOS app has a time-limit for your messages to remain visible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- There’s finally reason to hope in the war against ransomware
- A hacker is selling 167 million LinkedIn user records
- Cybercriminals are increasingly embracing a sophisticated business-model approach
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC