Securing the internet of things should become a major priority now that an army of compromised devices – perhaps 1 million strong - has swamped one of the industry’s top DDoS protection services.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
A U.K. judge has ruled in favor of extraditing a British man to the U.S. for hacking government computers, despite fears he may commit suicide.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
The FBI has issued a plea for those who have been hit by ransomware to report this to federal law enforcement so that the country can get a better sense of just how bad this problem really is.
The FBI may have paid a small fortune to unlock an iPhone 5c used by the San Bernardino shooter. But a security researcher has demonstrated a way to do it for less than $100.
U.S. Bank is the latest in a long line of banks to cultivate innovation through intense coding jams, but some analysts question whether such events yield tangible value.
A ransomware author and distributor was able to collect $121 million in ransomware payments during the first half of this year, netting $94 million after expenses, according to a report released today
Researchers can submit entries from now until March 14, 2017.
iOS 10, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, brings a variety of upgrades to Siri, 3D Touch, the Lock Screen, Maps and other features.
Thousands of publicly accessible FTP servers, including many Seagate network-attached storage devices, are being used by criminals to malware that mines cryptocurrency.
A Chinese company is selling a USB flash drive with a capacitor that will discharge an electric pulse guaranteed to destroy the motherboard of a computer into which it's connected.
Both Chrome OS and Windows 10 help themselves to similar usage data by default, but in different ways.
What happens when you delete a file? Unknown to most, deleted data from a mobile phone can still be shared with others if not appropriately managed. In a worst-case scenario, this could end up in the hands of a hacker or e-criminal, and used against you.
NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has come up with a concept iPhone case that can help prevent the government from finding your location.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- The FBI could have saved money with this iPhone 5c hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW