It's a CIO's worst nightmare: You get a call from the Business Software Alliance (BSA), saying that some of the Microsoft software your company uses might be pirated.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
One can only hope that security software provider Trend Micro saw a nice sales boost after the proclamation of its chairman earlier this week that Android phones are more vulnerable to hacking than iPhones are. If it didn't, those blatantly self-serv...
Microsoft is easing in to 2011 with a light Patch Tuesday for January. There are only two security bulletins this month, and only one of those two is rated as Critical by Microsoft.
The dawn of the new millennium prompted fears about the future, but so far reality has not quite matched the predictions of catastrophe. The first ten years passed uneventfully--well, aside from Y2K and a bunch of intelligent computer viruses. Here's...
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
When the popular Web site Gawker was hacked into recently, more than a million user IDs and passwords were released. If you were one of the people compromised that's annoying -- very annoying. Not that it's a big deal that someone could log into a go...
Depending on whom you ask, paying for antivirus software is either a good investment or a total ripoff. In reality, neither viewpoint is accurate. You can find plenty of good reasons to choose a paid antivirus product, and plenty of good reasons to ...
This end-of-year article is a looking forward one -- looking forward to a year in which the Internet will be under a multi-pronged attack that threatens to change it irrevocably in ways that may destroy much of the Internet's potential.
It's been All WikiLeaks, All the Time here in Cringeville lately. And why not? As I noted last time out, this is the biggest thing to hit the WebberNets since Tim Berners Lee dreamed it up 20 years ago. We're still unraveling the implications and pro...
Sydney supporters of WikiLeaks this afternoon rallied at Town Hall Square to demand the Australian government condemn Julian Assange's arrest.
In recent weeks WikiLeaks has been targeted by denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, had its hosting service shutdown, been bounced off of Amazon hosting, had its funding through PayPal, MasterCard and other sources shut down, and its leader arrested on s...
Perhaps you've heard that the Apple Mac OS X operating system is simply more secure by design and not prone to the security flaws and vulnerabilities that plague the dominant Microsoft Windows operating system? Well, don't believe the hype. Apple unl...
Facebook has been in the media spotlight this year over privacy concerns, thanks in part cases such as the horrific murder of Sydney teenager Nona Belomesoff.
Google's patching of vulnerabilities in its open source Chrome Web browser last week wasn't so much notable in itself; Microsoft, to be sure, is forever issuing patches for the many bugs that afflict its products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- The FBI could have saved money with this iPhone 5c hack
- Thousands of Seagate NAS boxes host cryptocurrency mining malware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA