It's been All WikiLeaks, All the Time here in Cringeville lately. And why not? As I noted last time out, this is the biggest thing to hit the WebberNets since Tim Berners Lee dreamed it up 20 years ago. We're still unraveling the implications and pro...
Sydney supporters of WikiLeaks this afternoon rallied at Town Hall Square to demand the Australian government condemn Julian Assange's arrest.
In recent weeks WikiLeaks has been targeted by denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, had its hosting service shutdown, been bounced off of Amazon hosting, had its funding through PayPal, MasterCard and other sources shut down, and its leader arrested on s...
Perhaps you've heard that the Apple Mac OS X operating system is simply more secure by design and not prone to the security flaws and vulnerabilities that plague the dominant Microsoft Windows operating system? Well, don't believe the hype. Apple unl...
Facebook has been in the media spotlight this year over privacy concerns, thanks in part cases such as the horrific murder of Sydney teenager Nona Belomesoff.
Google's patching of vulnerabilities in its open source Chrome Web browser last week wasn't so much notable in itself; Microsoft, to be sure, is forever issuing patches for the many bugs that afflict its products.
Spies are everywhere these days, from the 10 Russians nabbed in the United States to Angelina Jolie
It's unlike any conference badge you've seen before. Sleek, stylish, programmable, and made out of metal. It's the Defcon 18 conference badge. Unveiled at the annual hacker conference in Las Vegas, here's a first look at this year's badge.
So this guy at AirTight Networks says Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 has a "hard shell on the outside, but a soft underbelly inside"due to an overlooked vulnerability, and an attacker can decrypt traffic that's been encrypted with WPA2. Is this total panic...
Businesses are eyeing a transition to Microsoft Windows 7, and with a wealth of security features that are part of it, it's worth figuring out the good and bad about each of them, says Gartner analyst Neil MacDonald, who notes in some cases, third-pa...
While apologies from BP to the world regarding its environmental disaster and even from a U.S. Congressman to BP have stolen headlines of late, the tech industry has not been without its fair share of apologies during the first half of 2010 either.
In May, Web security consultant George Deglin discovered a cross-site scripting (XSS) exploit that involved Facebook's controversial Instant Personalization feature. The exploit ran on Yelp, one of the three sites that Facebook had selected to test I...
Who's got the safest operating system? Apple, Google, Microsoft? According to one security expert, what really matters is who's using the OS.
Facebook, according to its CEO, is built around the simple idea that people want to share things with "their friends and the people around them."
The continuing saga of Google's wireless snooping and the maelstrom it's generated won't end anytime soon.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Kmart suffers security breach
- Testing suggests that not even identical twins can dupe Windows Hello
- Nine charged in press release breaches, stock trading scheme
- Some Yahoo Mail users menaced by zombified deleted emails
- Tested: How Flash destroys your browser's performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW