If you're concerned about the privacy implications of reading digital books, take a look at a nice guide put up yesterday by the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Many organizations are embracing SOA as a way to increase application flexibility, make integration more manageable, lower development costs, and better align technology systems to business processes. The appeal of SOA is that it divides an organizat...
Facebook is tracking your every move on the site -- or so says one purported Facebook employee, according to an anonymous interview with the Rumpus. In the interview, the Facebook employee, whose identity was protected so she wouldn't lose her job fo...
2009 ushered in mobile malware with the first (and second) iPhone worm appearing just before Christmas.
Lost in the flurry of products announcements at last week's Consumer Electronics Show was Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's suggestion on Friday that some aspects of privacy are a thing of the past. The Facebook founder's comments were part of an inter...
A decade after the Y2K crisis, date changes still pose technology problems, making some security software upgrades difficult and locking millions of bank ATM users out of their accounts.
A new administration in Washington this year was expected to herald sweeping changes on the national cybersecurity front.
Social engineering, the act of tricking people into giving up sensitive information, is nothing new. Convicted hacker Kevin Mitnick made a name for himself by cold-calling staffers at major U.S. companies and talking them into giving him information....
Facebook was built as a powerful social connector, allowing users to befriend others with similar interests, locations, schools, and more.
The reports of the Windows "black screen of death" seem to be greatly exaggerated and hardly worth mentioning.
The holiday season is upon us, and now more than ever that means shopping on the Internet.
It was a notable accomplishment when Windows 7 was not impacted in any way by the vulnerabilities addressed in the six Security Bulletins released by Microsoft for the November Patch Tuesday. It would be even more impressive if Windows 7 proved invul...
Hot on the heels of a reported hijacking of hundreds of Facebook groups, a new variation on an old worm is crawling its way into the social network's walls.
Yesterday was Microsoft's Patch Tuesday for the month of November. There are 6 new Security Bulletins this month: 3 rated as Critical and 3 rated as Important. Not all Critical Security Bulletins are created equally though. You need to understand the...
For a while there it looked like 2009 would be remembered as the Year of the Dead Celebrity. But Michael, Farrah, Walter, Ed, and all the rest may have to move over. This is rapidly becoming the Year the Data Died.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Asacub is mobile banking’s new adversary: Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab partners with WISeKey for wearable security
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW