If you think spam attacks were bad in 2009, just wait until 2010 gets going.
Rootkits, a type of stealth technology used by malware malefactors, attempt to hide in the dark corners of an infected PC and evade detection. A new post out today from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center shines the spotlight on the evil tools.
If you're concerned about the privacy implications of reading digital books, take a look at a nice guide put up yesterday by the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Many organizations are embracing SOA as a way to increase application flexibility, make integration more manageable, lower development costs, and better align technology systems to business processes. The appeal of SOA is that it divides an organizat...
Facebook is tracking your every move on the site -- or so says one purported Facebook employee, according to an anonymous interview with the Rumpus. In the interview, the Facebook employee, whose identity was protected so she wouldn't lose her job fo...
2009 ushered in mobile malware with the first (and second) iPhone worm appearing just before Christmas.
Lost in the flurry of products announcements at last week's Consumer Electronics Show was Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's suggestion on Friday that some aspects of privacy are a thing of the past. The Facebook founder's comments were part of an inter...
A decade after the Y2K crisis, date changes still pose technology problems, making some security software upgrades difficult and locking millions of bank ATM users out of their accounts.
A new administration in Washington this year was expected to herald sweeping changes on the national cybersecurity front.
Social engineering, the act of tricking people into giving up sensitive information, is nothing new. Convicted hacker Kevin Mitnick made a name for himself by cold-calling staffers at major U.S. companies and talking them into giving him information....
Facebook was built as a powerful social connector, allowing users to befriend others with similar interests, locations, schools, and more.
The reports of the Windows "black screen of death" seem to be greatly exaggerated and hardly worth mentioning.
The holiday season is upon us, and now more than ever that means shopping on the Internet.
It was a notable accomplishment when Windows 7 was not impacted in any way by the vulnerabilities addressed in the six Security Bulletins released by Microsoft for the November Patch Tuesday. It would be even more impressive if Windows 7 proved invul...
Hot on the heels of a reported hijacking of hundreds of Facebook groups, a new variation on an old worm is crawling its way into the social network's walls.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Govt working to tackle ‘challenges’ presented by encryption
- The FBI paid more than $1 million to hack the San Bernardino iPhone
- Turnbull launches government's cyber security strategy
- Adobe on QuickTime: You're up the creek without a paddle
- Hacker: This is how I broke into Hacking Team
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- TreasuryNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCServer SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW