Social networking services like Facebook and Twitter foster a false sense of security and lead users to share information which can be used by cybercriminals and social engineers. The very concept of social networking is based on connecting and shari...
Absent-minded people who lose their smart phones have had a win and thieves who steal mobile devices have had another setback, with the Singapore launch of a new mobile phone security product.
As fireworks boomed on the Fourth of July, thousands of compromised computers attacked U.S. government Web sites. A botnet of more than 200,000 computers, infected with a strain of 2004's MyDoom virus, attempted to deny legitimate access to sites suc...
Twitter and Facebook were hit today with denial-of-service attacks that can knock a site offline, but don't steal information or cause permanent damage. The question is, why?
Lime Group Chairman Mark Gorton found himself in the hot seat last week during a hearing on the problem of inadvertent data leaks on peer-to-peer (P2P) networks including his company's, LimeWire. The hearing was held by the House Oversight and Govern...
The iPhone's security flaws were laid bare at the Black Hat Conference in Las Vegas yesterday, and now the smartphone-clutching public has boiled itself into a frenzy. But how serious is this supposed iPhone virus, and what can be done to protect you...
Attackers seeking to do harm or mischief to networks work with an ever expanding arsenal of tools that sometimes seem to be the stuff of spy fiction, but they are all too real.
Unless you've been living in a cave all summer like one of my friends (it's in Finland, he's an artistic genius) you've probably heard the buzz about cloud computing.
A year has passed since security researcher Dan Kaminsky disclosed a serious flaw in the DNS that makes it possible for hackers to launch cache poisoning attacks, where traffic is redirected from a legitimate Web site to a fake one without the Web si...
In June, the world watched as tweets from the streets of Tehran flooded Twitter. Frequent Twitter users--and people who hadn't even heard of the microblogging service--were suddenly and simultaneously witnessing its potential.
The French hacker who broke into Twitter's Google Apps and stole more than 300 private company documents has revealed in detail how he did it.
McAfee's latest version of its managed security service includes new features that let companies scan their Web sites for vulnerabilities as well as check for compliance with payment-card industry standards for handling financial data.
They sometimes call national security the third rail of politics. Touch it and, politically, you're dead.
Microsoft has sued a Hong Kong seller of mobile ringtones, saying the company used phishing techniques to flood Microsoft Live Messenger users with spam messages.
On 26 June, Kaspersky Lab held its 10th annual Virus Analysts Summit in Dubrovnik, Croatia. At the event the company's chief security researchers discussed the latest online threats to target businesses and consumers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger flaw revealed
- Synaptics's low-cost USB fingerprint reader could bring Windows Hello to old PCs
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- There’s finally reason to hope in the war against ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW