It has been a week since hackers released software that could be used to attack a flaw in Windows Vista and Server 2008, but Microsoft and security companies say that criminals haven't done much with the attack.
It is my sad news this morning to report the demise of the world's most famous microblog. Twitter, we hardly knew ye.
Facebook will enhance its social-networking site's privacy features over the next 12 months as a result of a set of recommendations from the Canadian government.
Social networking services like Facebook and Twitter foster a false sense of security and lead users to share information which can be used by cybercriminals and social engineers. The very concept of social networking is based on connecting and shari...
Absent-minded people who lose their smart phones have had a win and thieves who steal mobile devices have had another setback, with the Singapore launch of a new mobile phone security product.
As fireworks boomed on the Fourth of July, thousands of compromised computers attacked U.S. government Web sites. A botnet of more than 200,000 computers, infected with a strain of 2004's MyDoom virus, attempted to deny legitimate access to sites suc...
Twitter and Facebook were hit today with denial-of-service attacks that can knock a site offline, but don't steal information or cause permanent damage. The question is, why?
Lime Group Chairman Mark Gorton found himself in the hot seat last week during a hearing on the problem of inadvertent data leaks on peer-to-peer (P2P) networks including his company's, LimeWire. The hearing was held by the House Oversight and Govern...
The iPhone's security flaws were laid bare at the Black Hat Conference in Las Vegas yesterday, and now the smartphone-clutching public has boiled itself into a frenzy. But how serious is this supposed iPhone virus, and what can be done to protect you...
Attackers seeking to do harm or mischief to networks work with an ever expanding arsenal of tools that sometimes seem to be the stuff of spy fiction, but they are all too real.
Unless you've been living in a cave all summer like one of my friends (it's in Finland, he's an artistic genius) you've probably heard the buzz about cloud computing.
A year has passed since security researcher Dan Kaminsky disclosed a serious flaw in the DNS that makes it possible for hackers to launch cache poisoning attacks, where traffic is redirected from a legitimate Web site to a fake one without the Web si...
In June, the world watched as tweets from the streets of Tehran flooded Twitter. Frequent Twitter users--and people who hadn't even heard of the microblogging service--were suddenly and simultaneously witnessing its potential.
The French hacker who broke into Twitter's Google Apps and stole more than 300 private company documents has revealed in detail how he did it.
McAfee's latest version of its managed security service includes new features that let companies scan their Web sites for vulnerabilities as well as check for compliance with payment-card industry standards for handling financial data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- The FBI could have saved money with this iPhone 5c hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW