A new Facebook Messenger vulnerability has been detected that makes it possible for an attacker to modify or remove any sent message including rich content such as photos, files, and links.
Your five-year old laptop may be able to use Windows Hello relatively cheaply if Synaptics has its way.
Microsoft's interpretation of the "Close" button in a notification of an impending Windows 10 upgrade is contrary to its own design guidelines.
Google remains on its quest to replace passwords with something more secure. The latest effort is from the company’s Project Abacus, which favors a system of biometrics to authenticate identity.
Now when ransomware tries to take over your computer, there’s something you can be sides pay up: stop it, buy more time to deal with it or mitigate the damage it might do, Security BSides Boston conference was told.
A hacker is trying to sell a database dump containing account records for 167 million LinkedIn users.
Many cybercriminals can call on an extensive network of specialists for "business" expertise, including people who train and recruit, who launder money, and who provide escrow services, according to a new white paper.
Microsoft today opened the preview of its Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to all enterprise IT professionals.
Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that combines ransomware and information stealing capabilities.
Bangalore Bank, a commercial bank in Vietnam and ... Sony Pictures are the unlikely bedfellows in a tale of cyber intrigue uncovered by security researchers at BAE Systems.
At Interop 2016, Avi Freedman, CEO of Kentik, chats with Network World about why Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are still popular with hackers, why they still work, and some of the signs that an attack may soon commence.
At Interop 2016, Network World chats with John Pironti, president of IP Architects, about why ransomware is on the rise, and why many consumers and businesses are paying the ransom.
All blogs hosted on Google's blogspot.com domain can now be accessed over an encrypted HTTPS connection.
Potential version of the FB Messenger iOS app has a time-limit for your messages to remain visible.
A US judge is forcing a woman to unlock an iPhone with her fingerprints, but does this violate the Constitution?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger flaw revealed
- Synaptics's low-cost USB fingerprint reader could bring Windows Hello to old PCs
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- There’s finally reason to hope in the war against ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW