CSO Online's Steve Ragan infects a laptop with Locky Ransomware
Security - News
After infecting a system with Locky Ransomware, CSO attempted to recover it using basic tools and backups
Privacy groups in the U.S. and seven European countries will ask consumer protection agencies to investigate the maker of two internet-connected toys for violations of laws designed to protect children's privacy.
Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube have agreed to share with one another identifying digital information of violent terror content that they find on their platforms.
Here’s a quick way to do it, without spending a lot of money on expensive software.
If a President Obama-backed commission has its way, consumers will one day see cybersecurity ratings on technology products in the same way nutritional labels are found on packaged foods.
In the latest episode of Security Sessions, CSO Editor-in-Chief Joan Goodchild chats with Stephen Boyer, CTO and co-founder of BitSight, about the recent DNS attacks against Dyn, and how CSOs can prepare their systems against future attacks.
Plans are afoot to build the U.K.'s first National College of Cyber Security at Bletchley Park, the birthplace of the country's wartime codebreaking efforts.
There is a simple way to show a Wi-Fi password in Windows 10—just head over to Wireless Properties.
Eugene Kaspersky says Microsoft's favoritism towards Windows Defender is unfair.
Now you can get LastPass on your computer and your phone without paying $12 per year.
An online hackers' forum has deleted a section that allegedly offered paid distributed denial-of-service attacks, following last Friday's massive internet disruption.
A U.S. banking regulator says an employee downloaded a large amount of data from its computer system a week before he retired and is now unable to locate the thumb drives he stored it on.
Sen. Mark Warner sent letters to FCC, FTC and DHS to find out what can be done to prevent attacks like the one that hit Dyn; how defend against botnet attacks like Mirai’s.
The Arlo Pro features a host of improvements, including two-way audio and a rechargeable battery.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW