Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has indicated that the government will work with the private sector to counteract the use of encryption technologies by criminals, invoking the now-resolved standoff between Apple and the FBI over the issue.
FBI Director James Comey still won't say who hacked the San Bernardino iPhone for the FBI, or how the hack works, but we now know it was expensive.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull this morning officially launched the federal government’s national cyber security strategy.
Adobe Creative Cloud users at risk while company scrambles to find a fix for insecure and abandoned QuickTime.
The hacker who leaked 400GB of internal files and emails from Italian surveillance software maker Hacking Team published a full account of how he infiltrated the company's network.
Windows users running Apple’s QuickTime are being advised to uninstall the program after the discovery of a number of Zero day vulnerabilities.
Microsoft wants a federal court to invalidate part of a 1986 law that it alleged has been abused by the government when authorities demand customers' data.
Phishing, spearphishing, whaling are all nautical terms that have been created or adopted by the information security industry. The AFP has coined a new term.
The burden of Microsoft's efforts to secure Windows 10 is now falling on PC, tablet and smartphone makers.
USB-C will soon have an authentication specification to avoid shoddy cables and chargers, and malicious USB devices.
Fifty-four zero-day vulnerabilities were discovered last year, according to a report released this morning by Symantec, more than double that of 2014, and the number of megabreaches of more than 10 million records also hit a record high.
...and New Zealand continues to be their top target for ransomware and social media scams.
It’s close to a year since the Coalition government with the support of Labor pushed the data retention legislation through parliament, and the regime kicked in in October. However, telcos remain in the dark about how much funding they will receive t...
The system piggybacks onto your existing wiring to add a motion sensor, wireless on/off switch, a two-way intercom, and a siren to scare intruders away.
With privacy and secrecy functions a given in competing messaging systems, BlackBerry is dropping the subscription fee for users of the 'retract' and 'timer' functions of its cross-platform BBM messaging app.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Govt working to tackle ‘challenges’ presented by encryption
- The FBI paid more than $1 million to hack the San Bernardino iPhone
- Turnbull launches government's cyber security strategy
- Adobe on QuickTime: You're up the creek without a paddle
- Hacker: This is how I broke into Hacking Team
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC