A 19-year old New Jersey man this week was sentenced this week to a year and a day in federal prison for hacking into the Church of Scientology's Web site in Jan. 2008.
Shares of security vendor Fortinet surged 33 percent Wednesday as the company made its debut on the public markets.
Microsoft today denied that it has built a backdoor into Windows 7, a concern that surfaced yesterday after a senior National Security Agency (NSA) official testified before Congress that the agency had worked on the operating system.
Cyberattacks on the U.S. Department of Defense -- many of them coming from China -- have jumped sharply in 2009, a U.S. congressional committee reported Thursday.
House lawmakers introduced a bill that would restrict the use of peer-to-peer technology on government networks in response to several embarrassing data leaks.
The National Security Agency (NSA) worked with Microsoft on the development of Windows 7, an agency official acknowledged yesterday during testimony before Congress.
Fraudsters may have a hot deal waiting for them in the form of an obscure Chinese domain name that's for sale on the Internet.
Windows users running 64-bit versions of the operating system are less likely to get infected by attack code, Microsoft's security team said yesterday.
A new report from a mobile security vendor details how the most popular smartphones, including the iPhone, are very vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks, carried out via public Wi-Fi connections.
Nations that want to disrupt their enemies' banking, media and government resources don't need their own technical skills; they can simply order botnet attack services from cybercriminals.
Microsoft has settled a lawsuit with a former employee that it once charged with fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract.
An effort is underway to clean up tens of thousands of computers infected with malicious software known for churning out thousands of spam messages per hour.
Workers at T-Mobile UK have been selling customer data to brokers who work for the competition, T-Mobile and the U.K.'s Information Commissioner's Office said on Tuesday.
U.K. police are hailing the sentencing of four people who used a sophisticated Trojan horse program to siphon money out of online bank accounts and send it to Eastern European countries and Russia.
In the face of mounting threats from hackers, MasterCard will use mobile phones to improve security for online transactions, the company said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Asacub is mobile banking’s new adversary: Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab partners with WISeKey for wearable security
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT