Many Facebook users expressed anger at the site Wednesday for changing privacy settings, which they say caused personal information to be inadvertently exposed.
Security - News
All told, Microsoft released 74 patches in 2009 and while some months were worse than others (such as October), security experts say the software giant seems to be refining and improving the process of explaining and pushing out patches.
An employee of the U.S. Department of State was sentenced Wednesday to 12 months of probation for illegally accessing more than 125 electronic passport application files, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Following through on plans announced a few months ago, Facebook is rolling out changes on Wednesday to its privacy settings intended to make them simpler to adjust and understand by its 350 million end users.
The 21 year-old college student charged with hacking former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's Yahoo e-mail account was using a compromised computer that was secretly logging and reporting information without his knowledge, his lawyers say.
Nearly a week after an unidentified hacker posted attack code that exploits a flaw in Adobe's Illustrator software, the company says it will fix the issue by Jan. 8.
Microsoft dismissed recently-disclosed threats to its BitLocker disk-encryption technology as "relatively low risk," noting that attackers must not only have physical access to a targeted PC, but must manipulate the machine two separate times.
What do phishing, instant messaging malware, DDoS attacks and 419 scams have in common? According to Cisco Systems, they're all has-been cybercrimes that were supplanted by slicker, more menacing forms of cybercrime over the past year.
Novell this week will lay out an ambitious plan to secure applications across heterogeneous virtualization platforms at customer sites and off-premises, an effort designed to play off Novell's strengths in network and identity management.
Symantec has announced that it has enhanced three of its flagship products – Veritas Storage Foundation, Veritas Cluster File System and Veritas Cluster Server – with support for migrating data into and out of solid state drives and the ability to re...
Apple's iPhone is slowly but surely winning over some enterprise security skeptics. As a result, it's now showing up alongside, or instead of, Research in Motion BlackBerries and Microsoft Windows Mobile handsets, despite the fact Apple offers none o...
Symantec Corp. today announced several enhancements to its storage management suite, its cluster file and cluster server system, including the ability to recognize solid state drives used in tiered storage as well as integration with Hyper-V.
A Palm Pre user is suing Palm and Sprint Nextel, alleging they caused him to lose most of the data from his phone, and he wants to turn the suit into a class action.
For US$34, a new cloud-based hacking service can crack a WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) network password in just 20 minutes, its creator says.
The Swedish music industry wants to know who has been using an IP (Internet Protocol) address for what it considers illegal file sharing, and has filed a lawsuit with the Stockholm district court, the industry organization IFPI said in statement on M...
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A.I. faces hype, skepticism at RSA cybersecurity show
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW