The U.K. government will give a British hacker a short extension to challenge an extradition order to face trial in the U.S.
The U.K. security company that started a firestorm after claiming recent Windows security updates caused a widespread "black screen" lock-out of users' PCs has retracted its claims and publicly apologized to Microsoft.
Microsoft's latest round of security patches appears to be causing some PCs to seize up and display a black screen, rending the computer useless.
Europe's Council of Ministers extended a controversial program on Monday that hands over information on international financial transactions to the U.S. for antiterrorism purposes.
The hacker who created the Ikee iPhone worm because 'he was bored', may be smarter than he first appeared. Ashley Towns may have expressed no regrets over writing the bug, but he has subsequently landed a job with an Australian company that develops ...
A computer worm that China warned Internet users against is an updated version of the Panda Burning Incense virus, which infected millions of PCs in the country three years ago, according to McAfee.
The organizers of the Hack In The Box security conferences in Malaysia are planning their first European show for Amsterdam next July.
A security firm has expressed incredulity at the news that the Australian prank hacker who wrote a program targeting Apple iPhone users has been given a job by an application developer.
PC Tools' Malware Research Center is warning web users of another online scam that hopes to piggyback on hype surrounding the new Twilight New Moon film.
India plans to set up a centralized system to monitor communications on mobile phones, landlines and the Internet in the country, a minister told the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of Parliament, on Thursday.
Developers of the open-source Metasploit penetration testing toolkit have released code that can compromise Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser, but the software is not as reliable as first thought.
Hackers working on the open-source Metasploit project have spiffed up a zero-day attack on Microsoft's Internet Explorer, making it more reliable -- and more likely to be used by criminals.
Some Facebook users have been infected with a worm after clicking on an image of a scantily clad woman, which then redirects the victims to a pornography site, according to security researchers.
Criminals today can hijack active online banking sessions, and new Trojan horses can fake the account balance to prevent victims from seeing that they're being defrauded.
One of the most notorious U.S.-based spammers was sentenced to more than four years in jail on Monday for a scheme that used spam to manipulate stock prices in order to make a profit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- 'Mind-blowingly awesome' Telstra phishing scam detected
- Facebook Messenger flaw revealed
- Synaptics's low-cost USB fingerprint reader could bring Windows Hello to old PCs
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle RDBMS/UNIX) 160810/AP/713Asia
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT