Almost 80 per cent of security products failed to pass the first test required before certification, according to the latest report released by ICSA Labs.
Banging the drum for security awareness never gets old. As much as CSOs try to get folks to bone up on safe practices (both online and in the office), there are always going to be some who need reminding.
This fall, more than 20,000 stolen usernames and passwords for such Webmail providers as AOL, Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo appeared on Pastebin.com, a programmer's Website.
Microsoft today confirmed that exploit code published last week can compromise PCs running older versions of Internet Explorer (IE), but said its security team has not yet seen any in-the-wild attacks.
Hackers have borrowed a tactic from the world's first iPhone worm to build a botnet that steals data, including online banking credentials, from jailbroken Apple smartphones.
Cloud computing users face problems including loss of control over data, difficulties proving compliance, and additional legal risks as data moves from one legal jurisdiction to another, according to a assessement of cloud computing risks from the Eu...
A Seattle computer security consultant says he's developed a new way to exploit a recently disclosed bug in the SSL protocol, used to secure communications on the Internet. The attack, while difficult to execute, could give attackers a very powerful ...
A hacker has posted attack code that could be used to break into a PC running older versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser.
An anonymous hacker has posted private e-mails, files and other documents belonging to a noted climate researcher, sparking an international debate between skeptics of global warming and those who see it as an urgent problem.
Hackers are exploiting the web users searching for information about the Twilight New Moon film, due to be released this week, in a bid to spread malware, says PC Tools.
A 19-year old New Jersey man this week was sentenced this week to a year and a day in federal prison for hacking into the Church of Scientology's Web site in Jan. 2008.
Shares of security vendor Fortinet surged 33 percent Wednesday as the company made its debut on the public markets.
Microsoft today denied that it has built a backdoor into Windows 7, a concern that surfaced yesterday after a senior National Security Agency (NSA) official testified before Congress that the agency had worked on the operating system.
Cyberattacks on the U.S. Department of Defense -- many of them coming from China -- have jumped sharply in 2009, a U.S. congressional committee reported Thursday.
House lawmakers introduced a bill that would restrict the use of peer-to-peer technology on government networks in response to several embarrassing data leaks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- There’s finally reason to hope in the war against ransomware
- A hacker is selling 167 million LinkedIn user records
- Cybercriminals are increasingly embracing a sophisticated business-model approach
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC