Cyberattacks on the U.S. Department of Defense -- many of them coming from China -- have jumped sharply in 2009, a U.S. congressional committee reported Thursday.
Security - News
House lawmakers introduced a bill that would restrict the use of peer-to-peer technology on government networks in response to several embarrassing data leaks.
The National Security Agency (NSA) worked with Microsoft on the development of Windows 7, an agency official acknowledged yesterday during testimony before Congress.
Fraudsters may have a hot deal waiting for them in the form of an obscure Chinese domain name that's for sale on the Internet.
Windows users running 64-bit versions of the operating system are less likely to get infected by attack code, Microsoft's security team said yesterday.
A new report from a mobile security vendor details how the most popular smartphones, including the iPhone, are very vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks, carried out via public Wi-Fi connections.
Nations that want to disrupt their enemies' banking, media and government resources don't need their own technical skills; they can simply order botnet attack services from cybercriminals.
Microsoft has settled a lawsuit with a former employee that it once charged with fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract.
An effort is underway to clean up tens of thousands of computers infected with malicious software known for churning out thousands of spam messages per hour.
Workers at T-Mobile UK have been selling customer data to brokers who work for the competition, T-Mobile and the U.K.'s Information Commissioner's Office said on Tuesday.
U.K. police are hailing the sentencing of four people who used a sophisticated Trojan horse program to siphon money out of online bank accounts and send it to Eastern European countries and Russia.
In the face of mounting threats from hackers, MasterCard will use mobile phones to improve security for online transactions, the company said on Monday.
Amazon's cloud computing service should not be used for applications that require advanced security and availability, the Burton Group analyst firm says in a report accusing Amazon of secrecy regarding its cloud data centers.
Two computer programmers who worked for Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities were arrested Friday and charged in connection with the multibillion dollar Ponzi scheme run by their former boss.
Microsoft late on Friday confirmed that an unpatched vulnerability exists in Windows 7, but downplayed the problem, saying most users would be protected from attack by blocking two ports at the firewall.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Netgear tweaks its home security camera line by introducing the Arlo Pro
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- TPProgram Control ManagerSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- FTEnvironment/ Oracle/ Active Directory Support AnalystNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW