Twitter warned users Tuesday of a new phishing scam on the social networking site.
Cybercriminals have found a new launching pad for their scams: the phone systems of small and medium-sized businesses across the U.S.
A major U.K. newspaper has notified 500,000 people that details they posted to the newspaper's employment site may be in the hands of hackers.
A single group of attackers accounted for a quarter of all phishing in the first half of this year, according to a new study.
If your cash card gets eaten by the automated-teller machine, it may not end up in the hands of a bank employee.
Networks of hacked computers are being used more than ever to click on advertisements, a scam known as click fraud that cheats search engines, publishers and ad networks out of revenue.
A blogger helping to tune a friend's wi-fi network uncovered a gaping security hole in Wi-Fi cable modem routers installed in 64,000 Time Warner subscribers' homes, leaving them open to attack.
Law enforcement agencies can count a few recent victories against cybercriminals, but agents say the battle against them isn't getting any easier.
There's never been a better time to get involved in cybercrime.
DeepNines Technologies Tuesday is unveiling a desktop security agent that works in tandem with its content-filtering and anti-malware gateway to protect mobile and remote workers.
Security researchers are seeing a resurgence of Gumblar, the name for a piece of malicious code that is spread by compromising legitimate but insecure Web sites.
Microsoft last week patched nine vulnerabilities, five marked "critical," in Windows 7, a move that will require users upgrading to the new operating system starting Thursday to download a security update to keep their PCs secure.
Fake security software "SpywareGuard" and "AntiVirus" are said to be the top two scareware programs out of about 250 fake security programs detected, according to a Symantec report.
There's been a lot of fuss in the press recently about Web 2.0 security. In the past year, Facebook and Twitter both have had serious problems that have made some waves among the technically savvy.
Las Vegas: Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer characterized the recent Sidekick data loss episode as "not good," and said he believes all the data will be recovered, but added that Microsoft will have to be more forthcoming in explaining to enterprise custo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Asacub is mobile banking’s new adversary: Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab partners with WISeKey for wearable security
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia