Microsoft's monthly predictions about whether hackers will create reliable exploit code for its bugs were right only about a quarter of the time in the first half of 2009, the company acknowledged Monday.
A U.K. security company is giving to banks, for free, security software that it says can block malicious software from manipulating online banking transactions or stealing data, even if the computer is infected.
Looking to strengthen its Web security product offerings, M86 Security has acquired most of the assets of Finjan, a seller of Web gateway security appliances.
Microsoft Corp. pours more money into software security than any other major vendor both because it has to and because it can. Yet for all the investments in security, the number of vulnerabilities discovered in the company's products has increased o...
With its massive security update last month, Microsoft Corp. marked the end of the sixth year since it moved to a monthly patch schedule. An informal count of releases in Microsoft's bulletin archives shows that the company has released about 400 sec...
It's scary to think how much sensitive or even valuable information can be gleaned from an untended PC, even one whose user just walked away for a few minutes. That's the sort of thing that security managers fret about but the rest of the world hardl...
Microsoft today said computers in countries with high rates of software piracy are more likely to be infected by malicious code because users are leery of applying security patches.
The Conficker worm continues to be one of the most prevalent threats facing PCs running Windows, according to a <a href="http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9693456">new security report</a> published by Microsoft.
Amazon said today that it has taken steps to mitigate a security issue in its cloud computing infrastructure that was identified recently by researchers from MIT and the University of California at San Diego.
Khalid Shaikh, former CEO of YouSendIt, has been indicted by a grand jury on four counts of mail fraud after allegedly launching four denial-of-service (DOS) attacks against the company's servers, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
The Conficker worm has passed a dubious milestone. It has now infected more than 7 million [m] computers, security experts estimate.
After releasing its largest-ever group of security patches two weeks ago, Microsoft has done a little cleaning up.
File-sharing site The Pirate Bay should be closed, and if it isn't, two of the founders will each have to pay a fine of 500,000 Swedish kronor (US$71,500), according to a verdict in the Stockholm District Court on Wednesday.
A massive bot-based attack has been hitting Facebook users, with nearly three-quarters of a million users receiving fake password reset messages, according to security researchers.
Twitter warned users Tuesday of a new phishing scam on the social networking site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- 'Mind-blowingly awesome' Telstra phishing scam detected
- Facebook Messenger flaw revealed
- Synaptics's low-cost USB fingerprint reader could bring Windows Hello to old PCs
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC