File-sharing site The Pirate Bay should be closed, and if it isn't, two of the founders will each have to pay a fine of 500,000 Swedish kronor (US$71,500), according to a verdict in the Stockholm District Court on Wednesday.
A massive bot-based attack has been hitting Facebook users, with nearly three-quarters of a million users receiving fake password reset messages, according to security researchers.
Twitter warned users Tuesday of a new phishing scam on the social networking site.
Cybercriminals have found a new launching pad for their scams: the phone systems of small and medium-sized businesses across the U.S.
A major U.K. newspaper has notified 500,000 people that details they posted to the newspaper's employment site may be in the hands of hackers.
A single group of attackers accounted for a quarter of all phishing in the first half of this year, according to a new study.
If your cash card gets eaten by the automated-teller machine, it may not end up in the hands of a bank employee.
Networks of hacked computers are being used more than ever to click on advertisements, a scam known as click fraud that cheats search engines, publishers and ad networks out of revenue.
A blogger helping to tune a friend's wi-fi network uncovered a gaping security hole in Wi-Fi cable modem routers installed in 64,000 Time Warner subscribers' homes, leaving them open to attack.
Law enforcement agencies can count a few recent victories against cybercriminals, but agents say the battle against them isn't getting any easier.
There's never been a better time to get involved in cybercrime.
DeepNines Technologies Tuesday is unveiling a desktop security agent that works in tandem with its content-filtering and anti-malware gateway to protect mobile and remote workers.
Security researchers are seeing a resurgence of Gumblar, the name for a piece of malicious code that is spread by compromising legitimate but insecure Web sites.
Microsoft last week patched nine vulnerabilities, five marked "critical," in Windows 7, a move that will require users upgrading to the new operating system starting Thursday to download a security update to keep their PCs secure.
Fake security software "SpywareGuard" and "AntiVirus" are said to be the top two scareware programs out of about 250 fake security programs detected, according to a Symantec report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Why your iPhone-unlocking fingerprint is susceptible to law enforcement search warrants
- Valve cleverly battles Steam cheaters with two-factor authentication
- Microsoft to begin SHA-1 crypto shutoff with Windows 10's summer upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/J2EE) 160511/AP/522Asia
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCCloud Specialist | CHEF | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCAssistant Project OfficerACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia