Microsoft yesterday wrapped up a months-long job of patching a critical bug it accidently introduced in a crucial code "library," one of the researchers who uncovered the flaw said today.
Adobe issued a security update today that patched 29 vulnerabilities in its popular PDF viewing and editing applications, most of them bugs that attackers can use to grab control of personal computers.
In an effort to promote the "general health of the Web," Google will send Webmasters snippets of malicious code in the hopes infected Web sites can be cleaned up faster.
Experts from across the security industry weigh in on Microsoft's Patch Tuesday, which was its biggest ever with 13 patches and 34 vulnerabilities:
AVG Technologies is offering a free software tool to protect Twitter users from malicious sites that lurk behind shortened URLs.
Some users of Google Inc.'s Postini messaging management tools are having a bad e-mail day.
Cyber criminals are finding new ways to steal information, including infecting legitimate Web sites with Trojans and creating rogue software packages that look legitimate but contain malware, cybersecurity experts warned.
Microsoft today delivered a record 13 security updates that patched 34 vulnerabilities in every version of Windows, including the not-yet-for-sale Windows 7, as well as in Internet Explorer (IE), Office, SQL Server and other parts of its software por...
One of the 34 bugs Microsoft patched on Tuesday is more serious than it first appeared.
Corporate security and network administrators face a "nightmare" task just trying to figure out what to patch and what to let slide after Microsoft issued its biggest-ever batch of updates today, researchers argued.
It's almost certain that hackers obtained the Hotmail passwords that leaked to the Internet through a botnet-based attack, a researcher said today as she provided more proof that Microsoft's explanation was probably off-base.
Worldwide spam has surged by nine times and now makes up 86 percent of all emails, says <a href="http://www.symantec.com">Symantec</a>.
Sometimes, the problems we experience with computers are a result of a legacy design. Hardware or software might have been architected 10 or 20 years ago when the world of computing was vastly different from the way it is today. As a result, the prod...
The massive phishing scam broken up by US federal authorities this week is only a hint at what many say is an insidious and growing problem on the Internet.
The Bahama botnet, a sophisticated network of compromised computers that is wreaking click-fraud havoc among advertisers, is also snatching away Web traffic and revenue right from under the nose of mighty Google, Click Forensics said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Asacub is mobile banking’s new adversary: Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab partners with WISeKey for wearable security
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW