Mozilla developers have blocked a Firefox plugin that was quietly pushed out by Microsoft, saying that it presents a security risk.
Microsoft acknowledged Thursday that one of the critical network vulnerabilities it patched earlier in the week was due to a programming error on its part.
Google's highly anticipated real-time communication and collaboration tool, Google Wave, will have "crypto fairy dust" sprinkled into its protocol to avoid data being changed mid-stream, according to its product manager.
Mozilla plans to let people running rivals' browsers use Firefox's new plug-in update service, company officials said today.
Cyber-crime just doesn't pay like it used to.
Opera Software has released a beta version of Unite, its browser-based application platform, it said on Wednesday.
A number of Facebook applications, including one called CityFireDepartment, has been hacked and tries to attack site visitors' computers via unpatched Adobe software vulnerabilities, a researcher says.
Microsoft's massive security update marked the completion of the sixth year of the company's move to a monthly patch release schedule.
Mozilla developers have launched a new online tool that tells Firefox users whether popular add-on components such as Java or QuickTime are up to date.
Microsoft yesterday wrapped up a months-long job of patching a critical bug it accidently introduced in a crucial code "library," one of the researchers who uncovered the flaw said today.
Adobe issued a security update today that patched 29 vulnerabilities in its popular PDF viewing and editing applications, most of them bugs that attackers can use to grab control of personal computers.
In an effort to promote the "general health of the Web," Google will send Webmasters snippets of malicious code in the hopes infected Web sites can be cleaned up faster.
Experts from across the security industry weigh in on Microsoft's Patch Tuesday, which was its biggest ever with 13 patches and 34 vulnerabilities:
AVG Technologies is offering a free software tool to protect Twitter users from malicious sites that lurk behind shortened URLs.
Some users of Google Inc.'s Postini messaging management tools are having a bad e-mail day.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Govt working to tackle ‘challenges’ presented by encryption
- The FBI paid more than $1 million to hack the San Bernardino iPhone
- Turnbull launches government's cyber security strategy
- Adobe on QuickTime: You're up the creek without a paddle
- Hacker: This is how I broke into Hacking Team
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD