The first worm to infect the iPhone will not affect most users of Apple's smartphone, despite worrying reports. The ikee worm only affects jailbroken iPhones, representing a minority percentage of iPhones on the market.
Security - News
Firefox accounted for almost half of all browser vulnerabilities in the first six months of 2009, a Web security company claimed today.
The U.K. government said Monday it plans to push for a law requiring service providers such as ISPs to retain data about instant messages, e-mail and other electronic communications.
ScanSafe researchers are seeing renewed activity regarding Gumblar, a multifunctional piece of malware that spreads by attacking PCs visiting hacked Web pages.
The first worm written for Apple's iPhone has been unleashed and is infecting phones in Australia.
Social-networking sites MySpace and Facebook have apparently fixed coding errors that could have allowed an attacker access to all of their users' data and photos.
Microsoft's decision to reduce the number of annoying security messages that Windows 7 delivers when users install software makes the new operating system more vulnerable to malware infection than Vista, a researcher said today.
Sun Microsystems and Research In Motion have issued critical bug fixes for security issues with their products.
Webmasters who find an annoying error message on their sites may have caught a big break, thanks to a slip-up by the authors of the Gumblar botnet.
In further confirmation that Internet crooks tend to grab for the low-hanging fruit, a new Microsoft report reveals that the most common browser-based attacks tend to go after old software flaws. Making sure you've closed those holes can go a long wa...
It's one of the basic tenets of online security: Never use the same password/username combo for every website that requires one. The logic is sound, of course. A single security breach could expose your most private information -- such as banking and...
Microsoft yesterday re-patched Internet Explorer, the third time it's been forced to repair one of the updates from its largest-ever bug fix, which was delivered on Oct. 13.
Microsoft's monthly predictions about whether hackers will create reliable exploit code for its bugs were right only about a quarter of the time in the first half of 2009, the company acknowledged Monday.
A U.K. security company is giving to banks, for free, security software that it says can block malicious software from manipulating online banking transactions or stealing data, even if the computer is infected.
Looking to strengthen its Web security product offerings, M86 Security has acquired most of the assets of Finjan, a seller of Web gateway security appliances.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC