Looking to strengthen its Web security product offerings, M86 Security has acquired most of the assets of Finjan, a seller of Web gateway security appliances.
Security - News
Microsoft Corp. pours more money into software security than any other major vendor both because it has to and because it can. Yet for all the investments in security, the number of vulnerabilities discovered in the company's products has increased o...
With its massive security update last month, Microsoft Corp. marked the end of the sixth year since it moved to a monthly patch schedule. An informal count of releases in Microsoft's bulletin archives shows that the company has released about 400 sec...
It's scary to think how much sensitive or even valuable information can be gleaned from an untended PC, even one whose user just walked away for a few minutes. That's the sort of thing that security managers fret about but the rest of the world hardl...
Microsoft today said computers in countries with high rates of software piracy are more likely to be infected by malicious code because users are leery of applying security patches.
The Conficker worm continues to be one of the most prevalent threats facing PCs running Windows, according to a <a href="http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9693456">new security report</a> published by Microsoft.
Amazon said today that it has taken steps to mitigate a security issue in its cloud computing infrastructure that was identified recently by researchers from MIT and the University of California at San Diego.
Khalid Shaikh, former CEO of YouSendIt, has been indicted by a grand jury on four counts of mail fraud after allegedly launching four denial-of-service (DOS) attacks against the company's servers, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
The Conficker worm has passed a dubious milestone. It has now infected more than 7 million [m] computers, security experts estimate.
After releasing its largest-ever group of security patches two weeks ago, Microsoft has done a little cleaning up.
File-sharing site The Pirate Bay should be closed, and if it isn't, two of the founders will each have to pay a fine of 500,000 Swedish kronor (US$71,500), according to a verdict in the Stockholm District Court on Wednesday.
A massive bot-based attack has been hitting Facebook users, with nearly three-quarters of a million users receiving fake password reset messages, according to security researchers.
Twitter warned users Tuesday of a new phishing scam on the social networking site.
Cybercriminals have found a new launching pad for their scams: the phone systems of small and medium-sized businesses across the U.S.
A major U.K. newspaper has notified 500,000 people that details they posted to the newspaper's employment site may be in the hands of hackers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear tweaks its home security camera line by introducing the Arlo Pro
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Web) 161011/AP/145Asia
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW