Mozilla has unblocked one of the two Microsoft-made add-ons that put Firefox users at risk from attack and will probably unblock the second in the next 48 hours, the company's head of engineering said today.
Until now, Windows Vista was the most secure version of the Windows operating system.
New applications are turning up on Facebook. Unfortunately, some of them are fake antivirus programs.
Microsoft registered more than 1.5 million downloads of its free antivirus software in the week after it shipped.
Mozilla developers have blocked a Firefox plugin that was quietly pushed out by Microsoft, saying that it presents a security risk.
Microsoft acknowledged Thursday that one of the critical network vulnerabilities it patched earlier in the week was due to a programming error on its part.
Google's highly anticipated real-time communication and collaboration tool, Google Wave, will have "crypto fairy dust" sprinkled into its protocol to avoid data being changed mid-stream, according to its product manager.
Mozilla plans to let people running rivals' browsers use Firefox's new plug-in update service, company officials said today.
Cyber-crime just doesn't pay like it used to.
Opera Software has released a beta version of Unite, its browser-based application platform, it said on Wednesday.
A number of Facebook applications, including one called CityFireDepartment, has been hacked and tries to attack site visitors' computers via unpatched Adobe software vulnerabilities, a researcher says.
Microsoft's massive security update marked the completion of the sixth year of the company's move to a monthly patch release schedule.
Mozilla developers have launched a new online tool that tells Firefox users whether popular add-on components such as Java or QuickTime are up to date.
Microsoft yesterday wrapped up a months-long job of patching a critical bug it accidently introduced in a crucial code "library," one of the researchers who uncovered the flaw said today.
Adobe issued a security update today that patched 29 vulnerabilities in its popular PDF viewing and editing applications, most of them bugs that attackers can use to grab control of personal computers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- 'Mind-blowingly awesome' Telstra phishing scam detected
- Facebook Messenger flaw revealed
- Synaptics's low-cost USB fingerprint reader could bring Windows Hello to old PCs
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware Delivery ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTBiztalk DesignerNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA