Microsoft will block users running counterfeit copies of Windows from installing the free Security Essentials antivirus software, the head of the company's anti-piracy group said yesterday.
Security experts agree that cyber-criminals are getting better, but a new Trojan takes things to a whole new level.
The U.S. Department of Justice has extradited two Romanians to the U.S., where they face charges in connection with a massive phishing scam.
The popular online game World of Warcraft (WoW) is being hit with a new phishing scheme that lets attackers steal players' accumulated "gold" and other treasure by luring players with offers of free "mounts" used in the online game, say security rese...
Microsoft today lifted the curtain on its Microsoft Security Essentials, the free successor to its OneCare security program.
Windows Vista users (and IT folks taking care of Server 2008 computers) should watch out for a new security hole involving Windows file sharing. A remote attacker could assume full control of a vulnerable computer by exploiting a flaw in the SMB prot...
The Supreme Court of Victoria has ruled that the Australian Domain Name Administrator (auDA) acted correctly in its decision to terminate Australian Style Pty Ltd (which is owned by Nicholas Bolton and traded as Bottle Domains) registrar accreditatio...
Small and midsize businesses are confident in their disaster recovery capabilities, but their actual performance preventing outages shows they are "remarkably unprepared," according to survey results released Monday by Symantec.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's annual privacy report card revealed more details on the agency's controversial policy involving searches of electronic devices at U.S. borders.
Russian cybergangs have established a robust system for promoting Web sites that sell fake antivirus software, pharmaceuticals and counterfeit luxury products, according to a new report from security vendor Sophos.
Google has hit back at Microsoft, defending the security of its new Chrome Frame plug-in and claiming that the software actually makes Internet Explorer (IE) safer and more secure.
A network of Russian malware writers and spammers paid hackers 43 cents for each Mac machine they infected with bogus video software, a sign that Macs have become attack targets, a security researcher said yesterday.
Many major social networking sites are leaking information that allows third party advertising and tracking companies to associate the Web browsing habits of users with a specific person, researchers warn.
Criminals flooded several online ad networks with malicious advertisements over the weekend, causing popular Web sites such as the Drudge Report, Horoscope.com and Lyrics.com to inadvertently attack their readers, a security company said Wednesday.
Several U.S. lawmakers urged the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to back off on a plan to offer an unlimited number of new generic top-level domains until concerns about trademark protections and other issues can be addres...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Asacub is mobile banking’s new adversary: Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab partners with WISeKey for wearable security
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT