Twitter has modified the terms of service that govern the proper user of the microblogging and social-networking site to state unequivocally that messages posted belong to their authors and not to the company.
Virus writers keep getting sneakier. In an effort to evade detection, they've begun hiding their command and control instructions in legitimate Web 2.0 sites such as Google Groups and Twitter.
Less than two weeks after Apple launched Snow Leopard, the company today issued the new operating system's first security update. In a separate upgrade, Apple patched 33 vulnerabilities in 2007's Leopard, and about half as many in the even older Tige...
A grand jury in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia has indicted four alleged members of a music piracy group for conspiracy to commit copyright infringement, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Mozilla on Wednesday patched 10 security vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.5, all but one ranked critical, as it delivered the first update that automatically checks for outdated versions of the popular Flash Player plug-in.
Microsoft late Tuesday confirmed that a bug in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and the release candidates of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, could be used to hijack PCs.
Microsoft took the unusual step today and skipped patching one of the vulnerabilities addressed in its monthly security update, saying that crafting a fix was "infeasible."
Malicious hackers are setting up malware-infested Web sites that falsely claim to remove a virus from a new Facebook application called Fan Check, security vendor Sophos is warning.
A town in England with a modest population of 10,000 or so has chalked up the highest percentage of online transactions flagged as fraudulent by a U.K. security analyst.
China approved of Google's efforts to filter porn from search results on its China portal following state-led criticism of the links, the former head of Google China said Sunday.
Banks are likely to see cash-machine fraud rise unless steps are taken to improve their cash-machine infrastructure, the European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) has warned.
Several readers has asked us about this very insistent program that wants to download itself and protect their computer.
Mozilla's next update for Firefox, slated to ship Tuesday, will check for outdated versions of Flash Player, a frequent target of hackers, the company said on Friday.
Microsoft says that cyber-criminals are starting to exploit an unpatched bug in its IIS server software that was made public earlier this week.
July was a tough month for Adobe Systems' security team. So tough, in fact, that the company's second-ever quarterly patch release will arrive a month late, Adobe's security chief said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Asacub is mobile banking’s new adversary: Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab partners with WISeKey for wearable security
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC