July was a tough month for Adobe Systems' security team. So tough, in fact, that the company's second-ever quarterly patch release will arrive a month late, Adobe's security chief said Thursday.
Apple has shipped an out-of-date and vulnerable version of Adobe Flash Player with Snow Leopard, security companies have warned.
Apple today patched 15 vulnerabilities in three versions of Java used by Mac OS X 10.5, or Leopard, bringing the operating system up to par with fixes that Sun issued a month ago.
Microsoft today said it will deliver five security updates on Tuesday, all affecting Windows and all ranked "critical," the company's highest threat rating.
Mac users may be surprised that versions of Apple's latest operating system, Snow Leopard, also installs an older version of Adobe System's Flash player, potentially putting them at a higher security risk.
A proposed settlement between Google and book publishers and authors will give huge new advantages to students, minorities and disabled people, supporters said Thursday.
Amazon and Microsoft have been pushing cloud-computing services as a low-cost way to outsource raw computing power, but the products may introduce new security problems that have yet to be fully explored, according to researchers at the University of...
Microsoft yesterday said it is working on a patch for a bug in its popular Web server software, but it's unlikely the company will field a fix fast enough to make next week's regular release, a security expert predicted.
A coalition of 10 U.S. privacy and consumer groups has called for new federal privacy protections for Web users, including a requirement that Web sites and advertising networks get opt-in permission from individuals within 24 hours of collecting pers...
Snow Leopard is out and users seem generally satisfied with the latest version of the Mac OS X operating system. The release hasn't been without some controversy though, part of which has been the debate over the malware protection features Apple inc...
3Com plans to integrate intrusion prevention technology from its TippingPoint subsidiary into networking gear from its H3C division as part of a strategy to deliver streamlined secure networks at less cost and power consumption than marquee vendors.
Microsoft will force an upgrade on users of its Windows Live Messenger instant messaging software in September to plug a hole the company introduced when a programmer added an extra character to a code library.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has released new rules for border agents searching travelers' laptops and other electronic devices, but the revised guidelines won't quiet complaints from the American Civil Liberties Union.
If Google digitizes the world's books, how will it keep track of what you read?
Computer scientists in Japan say they've developed a way to break the WPA encryption system used in wireless routers in about one minute.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Asacub is mobile banking’s new adversary: Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab partners with WISeKey for wearable security
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW