Less than two weeks after Apple launched Snow Leopard, the company today issued the new operating system's first security update. In a separate upgrade, Apple patched 33 vulnerabilities in 2007's Leopard, and about half as many in the even older Tige...
A grand jury in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia has indicted four alleged members of a music piracy group for conspiracy to commit copyright infringement, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Mozilla on Wednesday patched 10 security vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.5, all but one ranked critical, as it delivered the first update that automatically checks for outdated versions of the popular Flash Player plug-in.
Microsoft late Tuesday confirmed that a bug in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and the release candidates of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, could be used to hijack PCs.
Microsoft took the unusual step today and skipped patching one of the vulnerabilities addressed in its monthly security update, saying that crafting a fix was "infeasible."
Malicious hackers are setting up malware-infested Web sites that falsely claim to remove a virus from a new Facebook application called Fan Check, security vendor Sophos is warning.
A town in England with a modest population of 10,000 or so has chalked up the highest percentage of online transactions flagged as fraudulent by a U.K. security analyst.
China approved of Google's efforts to filter porn from search results on its China portal following state-led criticism of the links, the former head of Google China said Sunday.
Banks are likely to see cash-machine fraud rise unless steps are taken to improve their cash-machine infrastructure, the European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) has warned.
Several readers has asked us about this very insistent program that wants to download itself and protect their computer.
Mozilla's next update for Firefox, slated to ship Tuesday, will check for outdated versions of Flash Player, a frequent target of hackers, the company said on Friday.
Microsoft says that cyber-criminals are starting to exploit an unpatched bug in its IIS server software that was made public earlier this week.
July was a tough month for Adobe Systems' security team. So tough, in fact, that the company's second-ever quarterly patch release will arrive a month late, Adobe's security chief said Thursday.
Apple has shipped an out-of-date and vulnerable version of Adobe Flash Player with Snow Leopard, security companies have warned.
Apple today patched 15 vulnerabilities in three versions of Java used by Mac OS X 10.5, or Leopard, bringing the operating system up to par with fixes that Sun issued a month ago.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger flaw revealed
- Synaptics's low-cost USB fingerprint reader could bring Windows Hello to old PCs
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- There’s finally reason to hope in the war against ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW