Botnets will employ more obfuscated control techniques including the use of peer-to-peer networks during 2009, according to security researchers, following the [[artid:556517764|McColo datacentre take-down|new]] last year.
Web security vendor Websense has acquired Defensio, a provider of Web services used to delete comment spam off of blogs and Web sites.
Web sites rigged with malicious code are becoming more numerous by the day, but the time those sites are online is declining, according to new research from security vendor AVG Technologies.
Spam trumpeting the power of love is nothing more than an old trick dressed up in new clothes, more evidence that the backers of the Waledec bot Trojan are the same bunch that hammered users last year with Storm, security companies are warning.
The tech-savvy Obama White House is suffering the inconvenience and embarrassment of an e-mail crash that has lasted several hours Monday afternoon, according to published reports.
A British hacker who sought to find evidence of UFOs on U.S. military computers has another chance at avoiding extradition after a court ruling Friday.
Hackers have discovered a new way to steal your money: texting it out of your phone.
US President Barack Obama ran a successful Web 2.0 campaign last year. Now, as president, he's got to deal with a very Web 2.0 problem: hackers abusing the social-networking features of his Web site.
Mozilla Labs, the research arm of Mozilla, wants 1% of Firefox users to allow it to watch how they use the browser -- and the Web in general.
The worm that's infected millions of Windows PCs is a "very well-engineered" piece of malware, according to one security expert. But researchers still have no clear idea what the hackers plan to do with the collection of computers they've compromised...
Apple has released a new version of its QuickTime media player adding critical security fixes as well as some new tweaks to improve the software's ease-of-use and compatibility with different file formats.
Sites claiming President-Elect Barack Obama will refuse to take the oath of office Tuesday are serving up attack code believed to be programmed by the same hackers responsible for the notorious Storm bot Trojan, researchers have warned.
Businesses worldwide are under attack from a highly infectious computer worm that has infected almost 9 million PCs, according to antivirus company F-Secure.
Naysayers aside, President-elect Obama appears determined to take office Tuesday with his BlackBerry -- or at least some PDA -- firmly in hand. Here's how experts say he might pull it off -- and what pitfalls he may be underestimating.
The worm that has infected several million Windows PCs is causing havoc because nearly a third of all systems remain unpatched 80 days after Microsoft rolled out an emergency fix, a security expert said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Why your iPhone-unlocking fingerprint is susceptible to law enforcement search warrants
- Valve cleverly battles Steam cheaters with two-factor authentication
- Microsoft to begin SHA-1 crypto shutoff with Windows 10's summer upgrade
- Money laundering using bitcoin a ‘significant’ risk, finds govt review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW