After outraged users hammered Facebook for changing its terms-of-use policy to seemingly give the company vast control over users' content, analysts are wondering if the brouhaha will serve as the long-awaited wake-up call for users to think before t...
Security - News
A travel reservations Web site used by several US federal agencies was hacked last week, and shunted unsuspecting users to a malicious domain, according to information Computerworld has obtained.
Just days after his apprehension in Mexico following two years on the run from law enforcement authorities, an alleged hacker was indicted this week by a federal grand jury for hacking into the computer networks of VoIP service providers.
Hackers broke into a computer at Wyndham Hotels and Resorts last July and stole tens of thousands of customer credit card numbers, the hotel chain warns.
Spammers have cracked Microsoft's latest defense against abuse of its Live Hotmail e-mail service using a sophisticated network of hacked computers that receive encrypted instructions from a central server, a security company has reported.
The most serious charges against Sweedish file-sharing site the Pirate Bay have been dropped on the second day of the case, after it emerged the prosecution could not prove that illegal downloaders had used the site to distribute media.
Cisco Systems is building a Trend Micro Internet security service into some home Wi-Fi routers to help protect families and small businesses from fraud, phishing and predators.
The eyes of the file-sharing community remained on Sweden on Tuesday as the trial of four men from The Pirate Bay continued in Stockholm.
The trial against four people involved in running The Pirate Bay, one of the most widely used BitTorrent trackers for music, movies and software, will start on Monday in Stockholm.
Symantec will begin offering an online storage service targeted at consumers by the end of next month.
Microsoft released software security patches Tuesday, fixing some nasty browser and mail server flaws as well as a bug in SQL Server that was publicly disclosed in December.
Microsoft plans to patch critical flaws in its Internet Explorer and Microsoft Exchange Server software next week.
A privacy group is calling Google's new mapping application an "unnecessary danger" to users' security and privacy.
Gizmodo reports that Crackulous, an iPhone application that allows pirated apps to run on jailbroken iPhones, was released. As its name might suggest, Crackulous strips the copy protection scheme put in place on iPhone applications purchased from App...
A group of U.S. companies, led by technology giants Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard and eBay, is set to outline recommendations for new federal data-privacy legislation that could make life easier for consumers and lead to a standard federal breach-notifi...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTJunior Business Analyst Permanent North SydneyNSW
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD