Apple Monday patched 21 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X, including seven flaws in Flash that the popular media player's maker, Adobe Systems, fixed more than a month ago.
Step 1: Identify a computer virus specimen. Step 2: Create a "signature" to detect and eradicate the virus, and push the signature file out to a computer. Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 again and again for new viruses and their variants.
Intel and Ericsson are offering to protect lost or stolen laptops by sending an SMS (Short Message Service) to the laptop will render it useless to thieves.
Technology vendors Hewlett-Packard and Symantec are warning employees that their names and Social Security numbers may have recently fallen into criminal hands following two separate laptop thefts.
Microsoft today said it's investigating reports of a new unpatched vulnerability in Internet Explorer (IE) that did not get patched in yesterday's massive update.
Microsoft this week patched 28 vulnerabilities, nearly all of them marked "critical," in the biggest update since it switched to a regular monthly update schedule more than five years ago.
Four weeks after spam levels plummeted when a rogue hosting company was yanked off the Internet, junk mail volumes are again up, a researcher said Tuesday.
Computer users are their own worst enemies, a security company warned Monday as it released data that showed software bugs were the source of just 5 percent of the year's infections.
Microsoft will deliver eight security updates next week, six of them marked "critical," to plug holes in Windows, Internet Explorer, Office and other products.
Apple late Tuesday yanked a controversial support document from its Web site that had urged Mac users to run antivirus software because the recommendation was "old and inaccurate," a company spokesman said Wednesday.
Microsoft continues to crack down on people it believes are counterfeiting and selling its software. On Thursday the company will add another 63 legal filings in 12 countries against individuals who it says are selling counterfeit Microsoft products.
The year 2008 has seen another record of explosive growth in the amount of malicious software (malware) on the Internet, according to F-Secure.
Researchers at BitDefender have discovered a new type of malicious software that collects passwords for banking sites but targets only Firefox users.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) yesterday arrested and charged two Brisbane men with money laundering offences linked to a BitTorrent tracker site. A $54,000 bank account belonging to one of the men was subsequently frozen.
Sun patched at least 14 vulnerabilities in Java Tuesday as it updated the popular software to version 6.0, build 11.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger flaw revealed
- Synaptics's low-cost USB fingerprint reader could bring Windows Hello to old PCs
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- There’s finally reason to hope in the war against ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW