Microsoft Tuesday patched three vulnerabilities in the company's Server Message Block (SMB) file-sharing protocol, including two that could make "swiss cheese" out of enterprise networks, according to one researcher.
Security - News
Hackers have launched a large-scale spam attack masquerading as CNN.com news notifications about the Israeli invasion of Gaza, security researchers said Thursday, in a repeat of a massive campaign last summer that also posed as CNN alerts.
From the how-not-to-keep-a-secret department comes the tale of an official at U.S Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald's office in Chicago who inadvertently e-mailed a document containing the names of more than 20 confidential witnesses in a federal probe to ...
After being forced to rush out an emergency patch for its Internet Explorer browser last month, Microsoft plans to release just one security update in its first patch release of 2009.
Hackers have seeded LinkedIn, the business networking service, with bogus celebrity profiles that link to malicious sites serving up attack code, a security researcher said Wednesday.
Google has yet to stop a rising number of spammers from abusing Google Docs, its Web-based collaboration and spreadsheet application, according to junk mail watchdog Spamhaus.
Trend Micro and BigFix Tuesday announced plans to integrate their respective antimalware and systems management technologies.
Security researchers said they've found a way to circumvent an Intel vPro security feature used to protect PCs and the programs that they run from tampering.
For the second year in a row, some of those digital photo frames lying under the Christmas tree may come with a nasty surprise.
In the second month of a campaign against fake security software, Microsoft has booted the rogue application "Antivirus 2009" from almost 400,000 PCs, the company recently claimed.
New malware is spreading via Christmas and holiday greetings, security researchers said last week, a tactic reminiscent of those used last season by the notorious Storm Trojan horse.
A bug in Trend Micro's free online virus scanning service can be used by hackers to hijack Windows PCs running Internet Explorer, security researchers warned.
The scammers began to see serious problems with their phishing scams sometime around April.
The US Internal Revenue Service's IT staff hasn't routinely checked its cybersecurity audit logs, according to a report released this week by the agency's inspector general's office.
Yahoo said Wednesday it will anonymize most of the data it collects about people's Web searches after three months, a move that could put further pressure on competitors Google and Microsoft to do the same due to privacy concerns.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A.I. faces hype, skepticism at RSA cybersecurity show
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA Engineer with some hands-on knowledge of scripting.NSW
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT