In the second month of a campaign against fake security software, Microsoft has booted the rogue application "Antivirus 2009" from almost 400,000 PCs, the company recently claimed.
Security - News
New malware is spreading via Christmas and holiday greetings, security researchers said last week, a tactic reminiscent of those used last season by the notorious Storm Trojan horse.
A bug in Trend Micro's free online virus scanning service can be used by hackers to hijack Windows PCs running Internet Explorer, security researchers warned.
The scammers began to see serious problems with their phishing scams sometime around April.
The US Internal Revenue Service's IT staff hasn't routinely checked its cybersecurity audit logs, according to a report released this week by the agency's inspector general's office.
Yahoo said Wednesday it will anonymize most of the data it collects about people's Web searches after three months, a move that could put further pressure on competitors Google and Microsoft to do the same due to privacy concerns.
Microsoft will issue an emergency patch on Wednesday to quash a critical bug in Internet Explorer (IE) that attackers have been exploiting for more than a week, the company announced Tuesday.
Apple Monday patched 21 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X, including seven flaws in Flash that the popular media player's maker, Adobe Systems, fixed more than a month ago.
Step 1: Identify a computer virus specimen. Step 2: Create a "signature" to detect and eradicate the virus, and push the signature file out to a computer. Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 again and again for new viruses and their variants.
Intel and Ericsson are offering to protect lost or stolen laptops by sending an SMS (Short Message Service) to the laptop will render it useless to thieves.
Technology vendors Hewlett-Packard and Symantec are warning employees that their names and Social Security numbers may have recently fallen into criminal hands following two separate laptop thefts.
Microsoft today said it's investigating reports of a new unpatched vulnerability in Internet Explorer (IE) that did not get patched in yesterday's massive update.
Microsoft this week patched 28 vulnerabilities, nearly all of them marked "critical," in the biggest update since it switched to a regular monthly update schedule more than five years ago.
Four weeks after spam levels plummeted when a rogue hosting company was yanked off the Internet, junk mail volumes are again up, a researcher said Tuesday.
Computer users are their own worst enemies, a security company warned Monday as it released data that showed software bugs were the source of just 5 percent of the year's infections.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
- How to find saved Wi-Fi passwords on your Windows 10 PC
- Kaspersky Labs says Microsoft is anticompetitive towards third-party antivirus
- Password manager LastPass now works on all your devices for free
- Hacking forum cuts section allegedly linked to DDoS attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst / Solutions Design - LogisticsNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTMarketing and Customer AnalyticsSA
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Finance Analyst (Contract)NSW
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT