Technology vendors Hewlett-Packard and Symantec are warning employees that their names and Social Security numbers may have recently fallen into criminal hands following two separate laptop thefts.
Microsoft today said it's investigating reports of a new unpatched vulnerability in Internet Explorer (IE) that did not get patched in yesterday's massive update.
Microsoft this week patched 28 vulnerabilities, nearly all of them marked "critical," in the biggest update since it switched to a regular monthly update schedule more than five years ago.
Four weeks after spam levels plummeted when a rogue hosting company was yanked off the Internet, junk mail volumes are again up, a researcher said Tuesday.
Computer users are their own worst enemies, a security company warned Monday as it released data that showed software bugs were the source of just 5 percent of the year's infections.
Microsoft will deliver eight security updates next week, six of them marked "critical," to plug holes in Windows, Internet Explorer, Office and other products.
Apple late Tuesday yanked a controversial support document from its Web site that had urged Mac users to run antivirus software because the recommendation was "old and inaccurate," a company spokesman said Wednesday.
Microsoft continues to crack down on people it believes are counterfeiting and selling its software. On Thursday the company will add another 63 legal filings in 12 countries against individuals who it says are selling counterfeit Microsoft products.
The year 2008 has seen another record of explosive growth in the amount of malicious software (malware) on the Internet, according to F-Secure.
Researchers at BitDefender have discovered a new type of malicious software that collects passwords for banking sites but targets only Firefox users.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) yesterday arrested and charged two Brisbane men with money laundering offences linked to a BitTorrent tracker site. A $54,000 bank account belonging to one of the men was subsequently frozen.
Sun patched at least 14 vulnerabilities in Java Tuesday as it updated the popular software to version 6.0, build 11.
In what could be the largest piracy bust to date in Australia, NSW Police this morning seized an estimated 1 million DVDs and CDs in Sydney. The raids took place when police executed search warrants on four properties in Camden and one in the Green V...
I'm a Mac. You're a PC. But we both need antivirus software.
The worm exploiting a critical Windows bug that Microsoft patched with an emergency fix in late October is being used to build a new botnet, a security researcher said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- The FBI could have saved money with this iPhone 5c hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW