Microsoft Thursday said it will issue 11 security updates next week -- the same number it shipped in August when pushed out the most patches in 18 months -- to fix bugs in Windows, Active Directory, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and Host Integration...
Next week will be a busy one for system administrators as Microsoft is planning to ship 11 security updates -- four of them rated critical -- for its products.
Symantec will pay US$695 million for MessageLabs, a security vendor that offers a hosted spam and Web traffic filtering service.
Internet criminals are using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics to help spread malicious software, according to experts from Marshal's TRACE team.
A federal judge has ordered an Arizona couple to pay more than US$236 million for sending millions of spam messages to a small Iowa ISP (Internet service provider).
A group of technology and entertainment heavyweights is undertaking a public relations campaign to dissuade consumers from illegal file sharing, something the group calls "net pollution."
A Trojan horse program now available to a growing number of fraudsters can add data entry fields to legitimate online banking sites and entice consumers to give up sensitive information such as bank card numbers and PINs (personal identification numb...
Victorian Police have raided the home of a 62 year old man believed to be a prominent member of a national piracy syndicate.
Adobe Systems last week said it will soon quash a bug in Flash that has been used for more than a month by attackers to poison Mac and Windows users' clipboards with URLs to malicious sites.
Apple's patching process proves that the company isn't serious about moving Macs into the enterprise, security researchers said Monday.
Timberland has agreed to reimburse Americans who received unauthorized text messages advertising its products in one of the first nationwide settlements of its kind, according to a law firm involved in the case.
Yahoo Mail isn't the only Web-based mail service that could be duped into giving up someone else's account password, the tactic that some have argued was used to break into Sarah Palin's e-mail last week.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has filed a lawsuit against the US National Security Agency (NSA), US President George Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and other government officials, alleging that an NSA electronic surveillance program cont...
Two digital rights advocacy groups have filed a lawsuit against the Office of the US Trade Representative (USTR) in an attempt to get the office to turn over information about a secret international treaty being negotiated to step up cross-border enf...
A group of hackers that hit the Church of Scientology's site earlier this year have apparently cracked the Yahoo Mail account belonging to Sarah Palin, the Republican nominee for US vice president, according to documents and screenshots posted on the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Asacub is mobile banking’s new adversary: Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab partners with WISeKey for wearable security
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW