The shutdown Tuesday of a California-based hosting company not only knocked down spam volumes but has also put a dent in malware-spreading botnets and other criminal activity, researchers said today.
Microsoft Tuesday explained why it had been unable to patch a seven-year-old bug until recently, saying that it was only in the last year that it figured out how to fix the flaw without breaking most network-based applications.
Spam volumes plunged by more than 40% after a major bot hosting network was shut down, researchers at IronPort Systems Inc. said Wednesday.
In an unusual move, a security company owned by IBM has publicly blasted a rival for not patching reported bugs in its enterprise-grade, server-side antivirus software.
A former San Jose, California, network administrator is facing 12 years in prison after pleading guilty to hacking, ID theft, burglary and drug charges.
Microsoft released two security updates for its Windows operating system Tuesday to patch flaws that could give attackers new ways to install malicious software on a victim's computer.
The Anti-Malware Testing Standards Organization announced on Monday that its membership has agreed on guidelines and principles for testing anti-malware products.
One of the most notorious networks of hacked computers used for sending spam could be generating as much as US$3.5 million per year peddling drugs such as Viagra, according to new research.
Attackers are exploiting one of the vulnerabilities in Adobe Reader that was patched earlier this week, a security researcher warned Friday as he urged users to update as soon as possible.
Antivirus developer SMobile released software this week to protect users of the G1 Android phone, although one security analyst wondered if people really need it.
For the second time in two days, Adobe Systems has warned users of multiple vulnerabilities in one of its most-popular programs and issued a security update to plug the holes.
Computer systems used by the election campaigns of both President-elect Barack Obama and his Republican rival John McCain were broken into earlier this year, and a large number of files related to the evolving policy positions of the two candidates w...
Hackers have seized on the results of the US presidential election to launch a major malware campaign that tries to trick users into installing an update to Adobe's Flash, but actually plants a Trojan on unprotected PCs, security experts warned Wedne...
Developers working on Mozilla's next browser Tuesday added a privacy mode to the still-under-construction Firefox 3.1, a major milestone in the development of the upgrade.
The Trojan horse whose attacks convinced Microsoft to issue an emergency patch for Windows had infected only about 200 computers prior to the fix's October 23 release, a security researcher said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Govt working to tackle ‘challenges’ presented by encryption
- The FBI paid more than $1 million to hack the San Bernardino iPhone
- Turnbull launches government's cyber security strategy
- Adobe on QuickTime: You're up the creek without a paddle
- Hacker: This is how I broke into Hacking Team
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW