Ad-related settings you've tweaked are the only settings reset when you upgrade to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Security - News
Securing the internet of things should become a major priority now that an army of compromised devices – perhaps 1 million strong - has swamped one of the industry’s top DDoS protection services.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
A U.K. judge has ruled in favor of extraditing a British man to the U.S. for hacking government computers, despite fears he may commit suicide.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
The FBI may have paid a small fortune to unlock an iPhone 5c used by the San Bernardino shooter. But a security researcher has demonstrated a way to do it for less than $100.
U.S. Bank is the latest in a long line of banks to cultivate innovation through intense coding jams, but some analysts question whether such events yield tangible value.
A ransomware author and distributor was able to collect $121 million in ransomware payments during the first half of this year, netting $94 million after expenses, according to a report released today
Researchers can submit entries from now until March 14, 2017.
Thousands of publicly accessible FTP servers, including many Seagate network-attached storage devices, are being used by criminals to malware that mines cryptocurrency.
A Chinese company is selling a USB flash drive with a capacitor that will discharge an electric pulse guaranteed to destroy the motherboard of a computer into which it's connected.
Both Chrome OS and Windows 10 help themselves to similar usage data by default, but in different ways.
NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has come up with a concept iPhone case that can help prevent the government from finding your location.
A sophisticated phishing email purporting to be from Telstra has been identified by MailGuard. "It's just mind-blowingly awesome," the security vendor's CEO Craig McDonald said on Monday.
A new Facebook Messenger vulnerability has been detected that makes it possible for an attacker to modify or remove any sent message including rich content such as photos, files, and links.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD