Your five-year old laptop may be able to use Windows Hello relatively cheaply if Synaptics has its way.
Security - News
Microsoft's interpretation of the "Close" button in a notification of an impending Windows 10 upgrade is contrary to its own design guidelines.
Google remains on its quest to replace passwords with something more secure. The latest effort is from the company’s Project Abacus, which favors a system of biometrics to authenticate identity.
Now when ransomware tries to take over your computer, there’s something you can be sides pay up: stop it, buy more time to deal with it or mitigate the damage it might do, Security BSides Boston conference was told.
A hacker is trying to sell a database dump containing account records for 167 million LinkedIn users.
Many cybercriminals can call on an extensive network of specialists for "business" expertise, including people who train and recruit, who launder money, and who provide escrow services, according to a new white paper.
Microsoft today opened the preview of its Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to all enterprise IT professionals.
Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that combines ransomware and information stealing capabilities.
Bangalore Bank, a commercial bank in Vietnam and ... Sony Pictures are the unlikely bedfellows in a tale of cyber intrigue uncovered by security researchers at BAE Systems.
At Interop 2016, Avi Freedman, CEO of Kentik, chats with Network World about why Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are still popular with hackers, why they still work, and some of the signs that an attack may soon commence.
At Interop 2016, Network World chats with John Pironti, president of IP Architects, about why ransomware is on the rise, and why many consumers and businesses are paying the ransom.
All blogs hosted on Google's blogspot.com domain can now be accessed over an encrypted HTTPS connection.
Potential version of the FB Messenger iOS app has a time-limit for your messages to remain visible.
A US judge is forcing a woman to unlock an iPhone with her fingerprints, but does this violate the Constitution?
Valve is battling Steam cheaters with information that cheaters willingly handed over.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW