Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 comes in third in our 2012 roundup of security suites. But although it earned the bronze overall, it captured the highest rating in our malware detection, blocking, and removal tests. Those fantastic results, combin...
I spent almost all of my first full day here at SXSW attending sessions and talking to smart people about data privacy. After talking to both hardcore privacy advocates on one side and Internet companies and advertisers on the other, I’m starting to ...
These tablets have extra security features that will keep your work safe and your IT pros happy.
McAfee used the venue of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona as an opportunity to announce new techniques and tools for protecting mobile devices, data, and apps. Mobile devices are a huge target for malware and cyber attackers, and McAfee wants t...
Interpol said Tuesday that 25 people suspected of being affiliated with the Anonymous hacking group were arrested in four countries in South America and Europe, with authorities seizing IT equipment, payment cards and cash.
Megaupload's flamboyant founder Kim Dotcom will stay free on bail after a New Zealand judge dismissed an appeal on Wednesday that sought to return him to jail.
As threats to mobile devices sharply increase, a good security app can make a huge difference. McAfee Mobile Security, the mobile version of McAfee's desktop software, can help protect your phone or tablet from mobile malware, phishing, and device th...
A prominent Australia-based technologist is cautioning people not to put full confidence in an application he developed that intends to provide security for sending private messages on Twitter.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gi...
Security and antivirus software vendor Webroot has thrown the proverbial gauntlet down to its competitors with the launch of its new consumer-level protection software, SecureAnywhere. The new software is almost entirely based in the cloud and requir...
Hacking has gone the way of FourSquare and gaming in general by adding scores and leaderboards for who can make the most daring hacks. We're not making this up.
Has the Anonymous movement reached a midlife crisis?
A free tool for the Mozilla Firefox Web browser that can counter search hijacking on computer networks in the United States has been released by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and the Tor Project.
What's new in the land of security fixes? Over the last couple weeks, Apple released a fix to iOS, Google updated Chrome, and Skype patched a nasty server-side bug. Read on to get caught up on the latest patches.
The night before the start of this week's Black Hat hacker conference here in Las Vegas, security researcher Dillon Beresford gave a demonstration to a small audience in his room at Caesar's Palace. The topic: how a hacker could take over the Siemens...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- There’s finally reason to hope in the war against ransomware
- A hacker is selling 167 million LinkedIn user records
- Cybercriminals are increasingly embracing a sophisticated business-model approach
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW