Restrictions are abhorrent and a draft bill in the Senate is overly broad and ambiguous. But if Congress insists on restrictions, let's add some critical limits.
Security - Opinions
There are many reasons not to pay ransom to regain access to your data. Let’s opt for the selfish one.
Windows XP, Microsoft’s once record-beating operating system (OS) has been abandoned for two years. That’s right, two whole years.
With old IP networks, security is implemented by devices that are deployed at the edge. However, in the cloud era - where data centre and networks converge and access becomes increasingly mobile, the concept of the perimeter disappears.
The company has sanctioned the use of an online password vault, so why is there a spreadsheet making the rounds that contains scores of passwords to servers that contain sensitive data?
While it doesn't quite rank up there with dumping hundreds of millions of gallons of crude oil into the ocean <a href="http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/20/as-the-oil-spill-continues-bp-ceo-tony-hayward-goes-yachting/">while your CEO goes ya...
Have you ever tried to get an older person to use Facebook?
Does it all come down to patch management? As a security manager, I pursue many initiatives, striving to protect the company on many fronts. But patch management is a key metric of our risk exposure, since there is a direct correlation between securi...
Quit Facebook Day may have flopped when it comes to creating a mass exodus of Facebook users, but those who care about privacy owe a debt of gratitude to the failed movement.
Over the past seven months, I have led a team of IT representatives in making sure that all mobile devices are aligned with our new security policy. I thought this was going to be straightforward -- a few mouse clicks to check off some boxes, and our...
Why is Sony bothering with entertainment when it could be using flash drives to dramatically improve laptop data security?
The Mac community this week has been debating an updated Knowledge Base article on Apple's Web site that raised questions about the company's stance on security. The recent update, which was pulled down on Tuesday, originally recommended that users i...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Netgear tweaks its home security camera line by introducing the Arlo Pro
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CC.NET DEVELOPERVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTQA - Business Development Lead (IT)Asia