The good news is that Comodo Internet Security Complete 2011 ($69.99 for one year and three PCs, as of 12/2/2010) blocked a full 25 out of 25 of real-world attacks in our hands-on testing of the product.
Security - Reviews
Simple, simple, simple. That's the marching order of F-Secure Internet Security 2011 ($119 for one year, three PCs, as of 12/2/2010), an antimalware utility that focuses on safeguarding the computers of novices and especially families.
Are you a casual computer user who wants a streamlined security software experience? Or are you a dyed-in-the-wool computer pro who wants access to every configuration option, security alert, and log- file entry?
Does slow and steady win the race? PC Tools' answer to this question is a definite yes: Get it clean, no matter how long it takes.
Bargain hunters: Be patient and you'll often find McAfee on sale at a deep discount: The company's Internet Security 2011 (regularly $74.96 for one year, three PCs as of 12/2/2010) is often available for as little as $50, making it by far the cheapes...
AntiVir has strength where it counts most: It did a great job at detecting and blocking malware. That said, its interface needs some improvement.
BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 did a good job at detecting malware, and at removing infections from a PC, but it had some trouble blocking live malware attacks.
The IronKey Personal S200 is possibly the slickest combination of software- and hardware-based security in the flash drive market. Though you log on via software, the S200 uses hardware encryption so there's no software running on your PC that can be...
Avast Free Antivirus 5 provides good, all-around malware detection in a speedy, well-designed package. We liked its easy installation process, smooth interface design, and minimal impact in system performance. However, its malware detection, while go...
Norton Antivirus has been a strong performer in recent years, and this year is no exception. Norton Antivirus 2011 comes in first in our roundup of 2011 paid antivirus products. It does a very good job at detecting and removing malware, and it has a ...
Panda Cloud Antivirus is a unique entry in the free antivirus race. Most free antivirus products still rely on signature updates to detect new malware, but Panda's program instead uses fresh data about malware direct from Panda's servers. As a result...
Comodo Internet Security Premium did a very good job at blocking brand-new malware in our tests. Its detection of known malware was less impressive, though.
AVG Internet Security 2011 is aimed at those looking for a do-it-all piece of software, offering anti-virus, anti-spyware, a rootkit detector and killer, firewall, link scanner, online shield, email scanner, identity protection, spam killer and more...
Norman Security Suite offers real-time, on-demand and scheduled virus scans.
Security Shield 2010 combines products from two vendors to create an internet security suites. The suite incorporates antivirus, antispam and antispyware tools, a firewall, parental controls and rootkit detection capability into a single product that...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCSenior Technical LeadVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD