Simple, simple, simple. That's the marching order of F-Secure Internet Security 2011 ($119 for one year, three PCs, as of 12/2/2010), an antimalware utility that focuses on safeguarding the computers of novices and especially families.
Are you a casual computer user who wants a streamlined security software experience? Or are you a dyed-in-the-wool computer pro who wants access to every configuration option, security alert, and log- file entry?
Does slow and steady win the race? PC Tools' answer to this question is a definite yes: Get it clean, no matter how long it takes.
Bargain hunters: Be patient and you'll often find McAfee on sale at a deep discount: The company's Internet Security 2011 (regularly $74.96 for one year, three PCs as of 12/2/2010) is often available for as little as $50, making it by far the cheapes...
AntiVir has strength where it counts most: It did a great job at detecting and blocking malware. That said, its interface needs some improvement.
BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 did a good job at detecting malware, and at removing infections from a PC, but it had some trouble blocking live malware attacks.
The IronKey Personal S200 is possibly the slickest combination of software- and hardware-based security in the flash drive market. Though you log on via software, the S200 uses hardware encryption so there's no software running on your PC that can be...
Avast Free Antivirus 5 provides good, all-around malware detection in a speedy, well-designed package. We liked its easy installation process, smooth interface design, and minimal impact in system performance. However, its malware detection, while go...
Norton Antivirus has been a strong performer in recent years, and this year is no exception. Norton Antivirus 2011 comes in first in our roundup of 2011 paid antivirus products. It does a very good job at detecting and removing malware, and it has a ...
Panda Cloud Antivirus is a unique entry in the free antivirus race. Most free antivirus products still rely on signature updates to detect new malware, but Panda's program instead uses fresh data about malware direct from Panda's servers. As a result...
Comodo Internet Security Premium did a very good job at blocking brand-new malware in our tests. Its detection of known malware was less impressive, though.
AVG Internet Security 2011 is aimed at those looking for a do-it-all piece of software, offering anti-virus, anti-spyware, a rootkit detector and killer, firewall, link scanner, online shield, email scanner, identity protection, spam killer and more...
Norman Security Suite offers real-time, on-demand and scheduled virus scans.
Security Shield 2010 combines products from two vendors to create an internet security suites. The suite incorporates antivirus, antispam and antispyware tools, a firewall, parental controls and rootkit detection capability into a single product that...
Ad-Aware Total Security ($49.95), the newest addition to the Lavasoft line of security software, is an all-in-one suite that builds on the longtime anti-spyware favourite Ad-Aware. It adds anti-virus, rootkit detection, a personal firewall, spam prot...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Asacub is mobile banking’s new adversary: Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab partners with WISeKey for wearable security
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC