The good news is that Comodo Internet Security Complete 2011 ($69.99 for one year and three PCs, as of 12/2/2010) blocked a full 25 out of 25 of real-world attacks in our hands-on testing of the product.
Security - Reviews
Simple, simple, simple. That's the marching order of F-Secure Internet Security 2011 ($119 for one year, three PCs, as of 12/2/2010), an antimalware utility that focuses on safeguarding the computers of novices and especially families.
Are you a casual computer user who wants a streamlined security software experience? Or are you a dyed-in-the-wool computer pro who wants access to every configuration option, security alert, and log- file entry?
Does slow and steady win the race? PC Tools' answer to this question is a definite yes: Get it clean, no matter how long it takes.
Bargain hunters: Be patient and you'll often find McAfee on sale at a deep discount: The company's Internet Security 2011 (regularly $74.96 for one year, three PCs as of 12/2/2010) is often available for as little as $50, making it by far the cheapes...
AntiVir has strength where it counts most: It did a great job at detecting and blocking malware. That said, its interface needs some improvement.
BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 did a good job at detecting malware, and at removing infections from a PC, but it had some trouble blocking live malware attacks.
The IronKey Personal S200 is possibly the slickest combination of software- and hardware-based security in the flash drive market. Though you log on via software, the S200 uses hardware encryption so there's no software running on your PC that can be...
Avast Free Antivirus 5 provides good, all-around malware detection in a speedy, well-designed package. We liked its easy installation process, smooth interface design, and minimal impact in system performance. However, its malware detection, while go...
Norton Antivirus has been a strong performer in recent years, and this year is no exception. Norton Antivirus 2011 comes in first in our roundup of 2011 paid antivirus products. It does a very good job at detecting and removing malware, and it has a ...
Panda Cloud Antivirus is a unique entry in the free antivirus race. Most free antivirus products still rely on signature updates to detect new malware, but Panda's program instead uses fresh data about malware direct from Panda's servers. As a result...
Comodo Internet Security Premium did a very good job at blocking brand-new malware in our tests. Its detection of known malware was less impressive, though.
AVG Internet Security 2011 is aimed at those looking for a do-it-all piece of software, offering anti-virus, anti-spyware, a rootkit detector and killer, firewall, link scanner, online shield, email scanner, identity protection, spam killer and more...
Norman Security Suite offers real-time, on-demand and scheduled virus scans.
Security Shield 2010 combines products from two vendors to create an internet security suites. The suite incorporates antivirus, antispam and antispyware tools, a firewall, parental controls and rootkit detection capability into a single product that...
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A.I. faces hype, skepticism at RSA cybersecurity show
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- CCAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA