What began as anti-spyware has grown into a sizable suite that includes comprehensive malware protection; this version of Ad-Aware Internet Security Pro includes antivirus, network protection, and rootkit removal. Lavasoft also offers a free version ...
Ad-Aware Free Internet Security, one of the most popular spyware killers on the planet, just got better: It's not just an anti-spyware killer any more. The newest version, 8.3, adds anti-virus capabilities to its already very good job of detecting an...
The Kingston DataTraveler 5000 (4GB) is a USB 2.0 flash drive designed for business users who regularly carry sensitive information. With an RRP of $165, the Kingston DataTraveler 5000 might seem a bit pricey for a 4GB thumb drive, but you’re not pay...
Earlier this month, Imation launched its Defender series of USB flash drives aimed at the consumer portable storage and data backup market.
AVG Internet Security 9.0 is an affordable security suite that provides strong malware detection and disinfection, but it could be easier to use.
Webroot Internet Security Essentials 2010 is in essence Webroot's SpySweeper antivirus/antispyware application packaged with a firewall, an antispam utility, backup software, and internet browsing protection thrown in.
Panda Internet Security 2010 includes all the basic features, plus some extras such as 2GB of online backup and the ability to protect USB devices. Despite its wealth of features, its detection of unknown malware falls short.
McAfee Internet Security 2010 does a good job at detecting malware, its interface is fresh and distinct from the pack, and it has a solid set of features.
BitDefender gets a much-needed interface redesign for 2010. The new interface comes in three variations: a basic display with only three large icons and simple text, an intermediate design showing more detail, and an advanced interface for those who ...
Alwil Avast! Internet Security 5.0, offers all the basic PC protection features and does a reasonable job at traditional malware detection. It is also fast. However, it fell short at detecting new threats, and it lacks some features present in other ...
PC Tools Internet Security 2010 is a good bare-bones suite with strong malware detection, and is a big improvement over previous versions, but it lacks the parental controls and online backup features of comparable suites.
Seagate's first network-attached (NAS) device, the BlackArmor NAS 440 (ST360005SHA10G-RK), offers the ability to encrypt volumes, easily manage RAID arrays and administer users. However, it's not without its flaws.
Most security programs are updated every year, almost like clockwork, but it's well over a year since BullGuard Internet Security 8.5 was released and it has to be said that this latest version doesn't exactly boast a long list of new features.
Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0 is a suite of tools that combines the anti-malware and anti-phishing features of Norton Internet Security 2010 (NIS), with the PC tune-up tools of Norton Utilities.
Trend Micro - one of the most respected companies in security software - offers HouseCall, a free web-based utility that scans for and cleans your computer of all currently documented viruses, Trojans and other malware.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 3 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 4 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
- 5 Toshiba Portege Z20t Ultrabook (PT15BA-00500Y)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft wants to kill passwords with biometric authentication in Windows 10
- How to remove the dangerous Superfish adware preinstalled on Lenovo PCs
- Scareware found hidden in Google Play apps downloaded by millions
- USB Armory is the Swiss army knife of security devices
- Melbourne CBD highest risk area for mobile malware threats
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW