Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free adds a useful extra layer of protection to your PC, at no extra cost.
The iStorage diskGenie is a USB hard drive offering up to 500GB of storage. It features secure AES-256 encryption and is unlocked by a number keypad.
Kaspersky is expanding its scope by offering Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac, its first security program for the Apple Mac. But how much does the Mac need anti-virus, and does it work?
The Netgear ProSecure STM600 security appliance takes on small-to-midsize business stalwarts such as Fortinet and Barracuda by including antispam, antimalware, and web content filtering in a single unit that offers easy deployment and budget-preservi...
Kingston announced a new DataTraveler Locker USB Flash Drive that offered partitioning capability.
Seagate calls its BlackArmor WS 110 a direct-attached storage (DAS) device, but in most respects it's a fairly standard external hard drive. Aimed at businesses looking to back up individual computers, the BlackArmor WS 110 provides AES 256-bit hardw...
Though Alwil Avast Professional Edition ($63.97 for a one-year, single-PC licence) has a speedy scan rate, that wasn't enough to offset its unimpressive protection from malware infections and its truly annoying interface. (A new version is coming ear...
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 has some nice, techie-focused extras and it effectively ferrets out rootkits, but it can't keep up with other antivirus apps when it comes to the essential task of blocking malware.
Trend Micro Antivirus + Antispyware 2010 is good looking software weighed down by comparatively poor malware detection, slow scan speed, and a seriously misguided habit of hiding what it does from the user.
Panda Antivirus Pro 2010 ($69.95 for a one-year, three-PC licence) offers strong traditional malware detection, but is dragged down by negatives like poor behavioural scans.
Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010 (SDAV) blends PC Tools' previous well-known anti-spyware tool PC Tools Spyware Doctor with the anti-virus capabilities of a PC Tools AntiVirus engine.
BitDefender Antivirus ($44.92 for a one-year, three-PC licence) holds its own at dealing with malware, but its interface isn't especially user-friendly. Overall the program earned fourth place in our roundup of stand-alone antivirus programs.
Avira's AntiVir Premium Edition lacks an advanced malware detection feature used by top programs, and it could use a smoother interface. The program earned a seventh-place ranking in our current stand-alone antivirus roundup.
Kaspersky's pairs competent proactive protection with below-average signature detection, and a strong feature set with an at-times annoying user experience.
Most security programs use a single antivirus engine, but the German-made G Data (US$25 for a one-year, single-PC license) uses two separate engines: BitDefender and Avast. That double coverage may have helped it rack up an impressive 99.95 percent b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger flaw revealed
- Synaptics's low-cost USB fingerprint reader could bring Windows Hello to old PCs
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- There’s finally reason to hope in the war against ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia