The great thing about today's nearly universal connectivity is how easy it is to share information, pictures and other material with your business associates, friends and family. The bad thing about it is how easy it is for strangers to get access to...
Security - Reviews
The Web is full of snoopers, spyware, and people who want to steal your private information. IP Privacy ($45, 3-day free trial) can help protect you against them by helping you surf anonymously --; that is, hiding your IP address and other personal i...
The mind can accurately recall pre-selected areas on an image, even quite a complex image, more reliably than it can a sequence of numbers and characters, or so it is said by the makers of a new password management application, PicturePIN-XP.
Well, at least the issue is not unpaid taxes this time -- but Vivek Kundra, the brand-new, first-ever federal CIO after just a few days on the job is already on a leave of absence after the office of the Washington, D.C., CTO was raided by federal a...
If you're finding it impossible to keep up with the multitude of passwords required to use computers and the Internet then why not try a password manager like KeePassX. It works with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux and keeps login data and other sensitiv...
McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009 is the latest iteration of security giant McAfee's internet security suite, featuring Artemis, a new internet-based malware detection feature.
Webroot Internet Security Essentials is an assembly of Webroot's Spy Sweeper anti-spyware with other companies' malware protection
Avira Premium Security Suite 8.2 is an Internet security suite that excels where it counts. This package beat all the 2009 security suites in detection tests, continuing Avira's long history of strong performance in such tests.
Security program Ad-Aware is now a decade old, and vendor Lavasoft calls its new version of Ad-Aware the Anniversary Edition. We've taken a closer look at the features of Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition in its Pro, Plus, and Free versions.
Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2009 fails at the most basic task of detecting and blocking malicious software. Not recommended.
F-Secure Internet Security 2009 adds 64-bit Windows Vista support to its impressive reputation for finding and evicting malware
The new BullGuard Internet Security 8.5 is a point upgrade to its predecessor, BullGuard Internet Security 8, which had a somewhat spotty reputation. The coverage offered remains as before: antivirus, antispyware, firewall, a new spam filter and back...
Version 8 of Avira Premium Security Suite features a host of updates, including an improved UI plus several new features, including drive-by download, botnet attack and malicious download protection, not to mention a backup system.
The Internet is a scary place. Criminal malware lurks on legitimate and illegitimate Web sites alike, looking to steal your money one way or the other. Vendors have been scratching their collective heads attempting to make more consumers safer, more ...
For some time now, Norton security products have been saddled, not unfairly, with the reputation of being hardware resource hogs, slowing down every PC they're installed on. The situation was exacerbated further by the arrival of Vista. But no more. ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCTest EngineerQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCData ScientistNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT