Security software customers are speaking with their feet: they want security updates and other security interruptions out of their faces, and they won't hesitate to dump their security suites because of performance drag - whether or not it's actually...
Kaspersky's latest security package offers an attractive combination of features and protection.
The new version of Lavasoft's flagship antispyware application, Ad-Aware 2008 Free, aims to supplement your existing antivirus protection by detecting spyware and privacy risks.
Of all the free antivirus packages you can download (and there are a few), AVG Anti-Virus Free has to be the doyen of the lot
ClamWin Free Antivirus is a free, open-source antivirus program
Check Point Software's ZoneAlarm ForceField provides an extra defensive layer by cloning your web browser to catch dangerous software before any damage can be done.
Probably best known as a firewall author, Agnitum has revamped its security bundle, Agnitum Outpost Pro Security Suite 2008 - with mixed results.
ClearMyMail is an antispam system that can, with almost no effort or complex configuration, stop all unwanted e-mail without suffering false positives.
Much like the lovable pooch who will alert you when strangers wander around the vicinity of your home, K9 Web Protection will bark at kids who try to use the family computer for evil instead of for good.
Unlike most other security suites (whose origins tend to be in the antivirus market), CheckPoint's ZoneAlarm started out as a firewall and expanded from there. And it shows.
BullGuard's latest suite is comprised of antivirus, anti-spyware, firewall, backup, spam filter and kitchen sink applications. Well, I made the last one up, but the point is that this suite has all the essentials you need to keep your PC and data sec...
These days, you're spoiled for choice when it comes to security bundles. To the ever-growing list of these is now added CA ISSP (Internet Security Suite Plus) 2008.
Cast very much in the same mould as Live One Care and Norton 360, McAfee Total Protection 2008 does what it says on the tin -- it aims to have every possible PC disaster vector covered.
With a name like BitDefender Total Security 2008, you might think that BitDefender might have overdosed a bit on the hyperbole. However, this very-well specified utility bundle does seem to have most threats to your PC covered.
Grisoft, well known for the AVG Anti-Virus software, purchased Ewido Networks in 2006 and reworked its anti-spyware technology into Grisoft AVG Antispyware 7.5. The sleek-looking program recognised, on average, the largest percentage of threats. Unfo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Asacub is mobile banking’s new adversary: Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab partners with WISeKey for wearable security
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT