Panda Security's latest domestic range comprises three products: Antivirus Pro 2009, Internet Security 2009 and Global Protection 2009.
Security - Reviews
Security software customers are speaking with their feet: they want security updates and other security interruptions out of their faces, and they won't hesitate to dump their security suites because of performance drag - whether or not it's actually...
Kaspersky's latest security package offers an attractive combination of features and protection.
The new version of Lavasoft's flagship antispyware application, Ad-Aware 2008 Free, aims to supplement your existing antivirus protection by detecting spyware and privacy risks.
Of all the free antivirus packages you can download (and there are a few), AVG Anti-Virus Free has to be the doyen of the lot
ClamWin Free Antivirus is a free, open-source antivirus program
Check Point Software's ZoneAlarm ForceField provides an extra defensive layer by cloning your web browser to catch dangerous software before any damage can be done.
Probably best known as a firewall author, Agnitum has revamped its security bundle, Agnitum Outpost Pro Security Suite 2008 - with mixed results.
ClearMyMail is an antispam system that can, with almost no effort or complex configuration, stop all unwanted e-mail without suffering false positives.
Much like the lovable pooch who will alert you when strangers wander around the vicinity of your home, K9 Web Protection will bark at kids who try to use the family computer for evil instead of for good.
Unlike most other security suites (whose origins tend to be in the antivirus market), CheckPoint's ZoneAlarm started out as a firewall and expanded from there. And it shows.
BullGuard's latest suite is comprised of antivirus, anti-spyware, firewall, backup, spam filter and kitchen sink applications. Well, I made the last one up, but the point is that this suite has all the essentials you need to keep your PC and data sec...
These days, you're spoiled for choice when it comes to security bundles. To the ever-growing list of these is now added CA ISSP (Internet Security Suite Plus) 2008.
Cast very much in the same mould as Live One Care and Norton 360, McAfee Total Protection 2008 does what it says on the tin -- it aims to have every possible PC disaster vector covered.
With a name like BitDefender Total Security 2008, you might think that BitDefender might have overdosed a bit on the hyperbole. However, this very-well specified utility bundle does seem to have most threats to your PC covered.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- CCIT Project ManagerQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD