Has a malware infection taken your PC hostage? Here's how to clean it out and restore your PC to a pristine state.
Security - Tutorials
Setting up a non-cloud based password manager in which the password database can be accessed from more than one device is easier than it sounds.
FreeOTFE may sound like a political bumper sticker, but it stands for "Free On The Fly Encryption." The "Free" part is self-explanatory; "On The Fly Encryption" refers to the encrypting/decrypting of data as it is written to or read from your hard di...
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. ...
Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
If you own a small or medium business, a good reputation--online and offline--is clearly key to your success.
Once upon a time, a phone was just a phone: It simply made and received calls. The only security you worried about was if someone had picked up in the other room to listen in.
Today is the final Microsoft Patch Tuesday for 2010. It has been a busy year for Microsoft when it comes to security bulletins, and December is no exception as Microsoft closes out the year with a record 17 security bulletins. With only a week or so ...
A security researcher today provided a way for users to see whether their e-mail addresses and passwords were among the 1.3 million compromised in a hack of Gawker Media's sites.
Despite the convenience, free public Wi-Fi networks like those found in hotels, Starbucks, and McDonald's are also a serious risk when it comes to your data and personal information.
Tami asked the Antivirus & Security Software forum why friends are receiving spam that appears to come from her.
In recent weeks, more and more iTunes users have been reporting fraudulent activity on their Apple accounts, reporting hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of bogus purchases. With the reports of this type of fraud on the uptick in recent week...
QUESTION: I've been told that I shouldn't have more than one antivirus program running on my PC. Can I use both McAfee and Microsoft Anti-Spyware (or another spyware application), for example? I want to be extra safe online, and I know that security ...
QUESTION: I signed up for a Facebook account and uploaded some photos to my profile. I was soon contacted out of the blue by someone I didn't want to hear from and who I didn't know could see my photos and profile. I've been told that I should stop u...
SUPERAntiSpyware found three Trojans on a reader's PC. He asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2000-windows/">Windows</a> forum how this could happen when his PC is protected.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
- How to find saved Wi-Fi passwords on your Windows 10 PC
- Kaspersky Labs says Microsoft is anticompetitive towards third-party antivirus
- Password manager LastPass now works on all your devices for free
- Hacking forum cuts section allegedly linked to DDoS attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadACT
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTField Systems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT