Setting up a non-cloud based password manager in which the password database can be accessed from more than one device is easier than it sounds.
FreeOTFE may sound like a political bumper sticker, but it stands for "Free On The Fly Encryption." The "Free" part is self-explanatory; "On The Fly Encryption" refers to the encrypting/decrypting of data as it is written to or read from your hard di...
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. ...
Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
If you own a small or medium business, a good reputation--online and offline--is clearly key to your success.
Once upon a time, a phone was just a phone: It simply made and received calls. The only security you worried about was if someone had picked up in the other room to listen in.
Today is the final Microsoft Patch Tuesday for 2010. It has been a busy year for Microsoft when it comes to security bulletins, and December is no exception as Microsoft closes out the year with a record 17 security bulletins. With only a week or so ...
A security researcher today provided a way for users to see whether their e-mail addresses and passwords were among the 1.3 million compromised in a hack of Gawker Media's sites.
Despite the convenience, free public Wi-Fi networks like those found in hotels, Starbucks, and McDonald's are also a serious risk when it comes to your data and personal information.
Tami asked the Antivirus & Security Software forum why friends are receiving spam that appears to come from her.
In recent weeks, more and more iTunes users have been reporting fraudulent activity on their Apple accounts, reporting hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of bogus purchases. With the reports of this type of fraud on the uptick in recent week...
QUESTION: I've been told that I shouldn't have more than one antivirus program running on my PC. Can I use both McAfee and Microsoft Anti-Spyware (or another spyware application), for example? I want to be extra safe online, and I know that security ...
QUESTION: I signed up for a Facebook account and uploaded some photos to my profile. I was soon contacted out of the blue by someone I didn't want to hear from and who I didn't know could see my photos and profile. I've been told that I should stop u...
SUPERAntiSpyware found three Trojans on a reader's PC. He asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2000-windows/">Windows</a> forum how this could happen when his PC is protected.
You wouldn't let your kids walk the streets of Amsterdam's Red Light District, but giving them unrestricted access to the Web is practically the same thing. The problem is, how do you block out all that inappropriate Web content?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger flaw revealed
- Synaptics's low-cost USB fingerprint reader could bring Windows Hello to old PCs
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- There’s finally reason to hope in the war against ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia