You wouldn't let your kids walk the streets of Amsterdam's Red Light District, but giving them unrestricted access to the Web is practically the same thing. The problem is, how do you block out all that inappropriate Web content?
Security - Tutorials
Maybe you didn't get the memo: Tomorrow marks the end of patches for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Earlier this week was Microsoft's Patch Tuesday for June--a busy Patch Tuesday with ten new security bulletins fixing 34 different vulnerabilities. However, there is now a publicly disclosed vulnerability with potentially dire consequences that didn'...
With the 2010 FIFA World Cup set to kick off at the start of June, anti-spyware company Lavasoft has compiled a list of the top online traps to look out for.
A new, incredibly sneaky identity-theft tactic surfaced earlier this week when Mozilla's Aza Raskin, the creative lead of Firefox, unveiled what's become known as "tabnapping."
We've been talking about Facebook's privacy mess for days now. We all know the story, right? Privacy controls are broken, everyone's getting irritated, Facebook's not too concerned, blah flippidy-freakin' blah.
In 2003, author and security pioneer Simson Garfinkel conducted a study of data he found on second-hand hard drives. On eBay, Garfinkel bought the hard drive from an old ATM machine; it held 827 bank account PINs. Another drive he purchased on eBay h...
LAS VEGAS -- Corporations should institute daily one-minute Internet safety lessons that users must complete before they are allowed online, a security expert told Interop attendees this week, but he said even that might not work because attackers pa...
Protecting your privacy on Facebook can feel like a full-time job. The social network has made a habit of tweaking its privacy policies with some regularity -- and in many cases, it's up to you to take proactive steps in order to keep your info out...
Windows 7 has been warmly received and swiftly adopted by businesses, with the result that many IT admins are now struggling with the platform's new security features. In addition to changes to User Account Control, BitLocker, and other features inhe...
A reader asked if it's really a good idea to supplement your regular antivirus program with something like SuperAntiSpyware or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I've recommended doing just that in the past.
A reader asked the Answer Line forum how she can remove a Trojan from an infected .dll file called infamiqayoq.dll. Her security software quarantined the file, but now she gets an error message every time she boots.
A reader asked the Answer Line forum if it's safe to work, say, on a Microsoft Word document, while scanning for malware.
There's nothing pretty about software overburdening your CPU and slowing everything down. And finding and fixing the cause isn't always an easy task. These suggestions will hopefully help.
If you've heard of Google Buzz, chances are you've also heard about some of the privacy concerns that surround it. The social media service offers some cool ways to share photos, links, status messages, and more with fellow Google Buzz users. But if ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- Britain's wartime codebreaking base could host a national cyber security college
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPContract Manager - ICT Solution DevelopmentSA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- TPJunior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD