Amazon's S3 cloud storage service has a new option, called AWS Import/Export, for quickly uploading large amounts of information to its data centers. It uses a well-developed, multimodal content delivery network that can transmit terabytes of data fa...
Servers & Storage - Features
A writer's group I belong to wants to put on a conference this summer. Since I've written about two of the leading e-mail marketing services, Constant Contact and VerticalResponse, I volunteered to manage the messaging process and send out the e-mail...
The U.S. government says it's lost - yes, lost - an entire hard drive full of sensitive data. The external drive, stored at the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration, held personal data from the Clinton era, including information about Wh...
Everyone in the IT industry is talking about cloud computing, but there is still confusion about what the cloud is, how it should be used and what problems and challenges it might introduce. This FAQ will answer some of the key questions enterprises ...
Network-attached storage (NAS) devices have improved immensely over the past few years, with constantly increasing storage capacities, features and ease of use.
Google has apologized for yesterday's service outage that left 14 percent of its user base without Google's wide variety of online services for a few hours.
Online storage sites, the toast of the Internet circa 2006, are shutting down in droves, putting the data and images of their users in jeopardy.
Cloud computing is a reality, and it's a force that IT professionals need to quickly come to terms with. The economic and social motivation for the cloud is high, the business need for speed and agility is greater than ever before, and the technology...
With the end of the financial year creeping closer, it is time to ensure you have the space to backup delicate information. If you are partial to digitizing your receipts and tax information, then this is even more important. Keeping your files and i...
Oracle plans to stay in the hardware business following its planned US$7.4 billion acquisition of Sun Microsystems, CEO Larry Ellison has said, adding more detail to earlier statements made by the company.
The recent revelation that Intel Corp.'s consumer-class solid-state disk (SSD) drives suffer from fragmentation that can cause a significant performance degradation raises the question: Do all SSDs slow down with use over time?
We've worked long and hard to come up with the best tips and tricks for your PCs, smartphones, cameras, game controllers, music players, and the Web. Let's start with PC, laptop, and networking tips.
It can be a storage nightmare: Given expanding regulatory requirements and the key role that electronic records now play in lawsuits, some enterprises are saving every bit of data they have, just to be safe. As a gauge of storage demand, IDC says the...
A year in which the economics of the travel and hotel industries are so bad that business analysts keep making comparisons to the months immediately following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York is not generally the time most IT peop...
By now, we're all getting desensitised to horror stories about missing hard drives full of private information. When you hear that another 20,000 customers of a less-than-careful company are at risk of identity theft, you probably roll your eyes. And...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- More than 840,000 Cisco devices are vulnerable to NSA-related exploit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCChange Analyst - BankingNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject SchedulerACT
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- FTEnvironment/ Oracle/ Active Directory Support AnalystNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW