Scalability has been the buzzword for data warehousing vendors over the past several years, with the standout questions being, how many petabytes of data can I store? And how many servers and nodes?
Servers & Storage
Cloud computing. For some, the term is wildly nebulous. Not long ago, even Oracle's Larry Ellison publicly asked what the heck people meant by "the cloud."
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
Christmas may be over, but that doesn't mean the savings are. With students shortly heading back to school, there are plenty of bargains to be found. We round up some of the best of the week, including dirt cheap mobile broadband, Google's first smar...
Even tech companies need an IT overhaul from time to time. Case in point: Last year, a Canadian software developer (who preferred to remain nameless for the purposes of this story) called my team at Microtek to give its server room a badly needed upg...
Lost a thumb drive with important data on it? Check with your dry cleaner. A survey by a U.K.-based company shows that in the last year, 4,500 USB flash drives were forgotten in pockets of clothes left at the dry cleaners, and thousands more handheld...
To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Seagate put together a museum of hard drives that reach back to the company's inception.
Bag yourself a bargain!
Google's introduction of free online storage for any type of file serves as a reminder that storing a gigabyte of data in the Internet cloud can vary in price from free to US$3.50 per, and that's just what Google charges its customers.
In the coming weeks, Google Docs users will be able to store more of their important files online, where they can access them easily and share them with others, according to a Tuesday post on The Official Google Blog.
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
When you're in front of your PC, waiting for something to transfer to removable media, that's when seconds feel like minutes, and minutes feel like hours.
Here is a wager I bet I will win. How many of us took a photo, saved a video, or downloaded a music track and have no clue where it's hiding today? Maybe it's buried somewhere on your PC's hard drive or in one of dozen external drives.
The Western Digital My Book 3.0 desktop external drive will be one of the first to market with the new SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface. Announced today, the 1TB version is available for sale today; the 2TB is due later this week. So does USB 3.0 deliver...
Good things come in small packages - and when it comes to storage, the saying couldn't be more true. No matter what size your data set is, you can find a stylish, pocketable wonder of modern miniaturization to store it and transport it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT