At 10,000-rpm, the Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX drive certainly spins faster than the competition. But does faster rotations-per-minute translate into faster performance? The PC World Lab's tests show this drive may not have as much advant...
Servers & Storage - Features
If you're like many small business owners, the news that Microsoft is weeks away from the release of a new version of SQL Server 2008 could seem utterly irrelevant to your interests. But it isn't. Microsoft has added important new features in this ve...
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone, Garmin nuvi 225W GPS, Medion Akoya E4360 D desktop PC from ALDI, and more!
Chip giant Intel won first place in a ranking of flash memory-based Solid State Drives (SSDs), in which the researcher, DRAMeXchange Technology, pilloried the industry over the wide disparity of quality among the storage devices.
Pick up some great bargains.
This past January, the health organisation Kaiser Permanente reported a theft of an external hard drive from an employee's car. The hard drive contained data on about 15,500 Northern California patients, including their full names, medical record n...
Lock down your PC.
No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
To understand why I love the tiny, free FlashFire utility/driver, you'll need a little background. I bought an original Acer Aspire One netbook with an 8GB solid state drive instead of a hard drive to keep the weight down. I replaced its custom Linux...
Best deals of the week: 19 February
In 1986, Attorney Nicholas Barrett founded <a href="http://www.nbalaw.com/">Nicholas Barrett & Associates</a> with just himself and an assistant running the business. But over the last 24 years, that small two-person office has grown into a bustl...
Check out some of the great tech bargains we've rounded up.
Laptop computers have become mobile stores of massive amounts of information. Add to that the proliferation of removable hard drives, and it becomes crystal clear how much sensitive data is on the move in the world, most of it woefully underprotected...
New York City's Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers is saving power and money by replacing its desktop computers with thin clients running virtualized operating systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google, IBM, and others team up to hasten data transfers in computers
- Seagate drops the world's largest tiny hard drive
- Review: ADATA’s waterproof SSD is small, rugged -- and pricey
- Samsung releases the world’s fastest gumstick SSD
- More than 840,000 Cisco devices are vulnerable to NSA-related exploit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- FTPega DeveloperVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCWintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCInterface AnalystSA
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD