If you have $US1299 to spend, Akitio's external Thunder3 PCIe SSD storage system will deliver blazing speed and more.
Servers & Storage
Intel, in addition to showing off its blazing-fast 3C XPoint Optane drives, also said its 3D NAND will be able to squeeze 1TB of storage into a 1.5mm thick drive by next year.
The Extreme 900 is the first 10Gbps USB 3.1 drive we've seen from a major storage company—and we can't wait to see what will follow.
Your electric bills could soar if you kept Nvidia's monster DGX-1 computer running continuously for one month.
With its latest SSDs, Intel is paving the way for fast, standard NVMe connections in storage systems for both more and less adventurous users.
Every time Intel announces new Xeon chips, server makers waste no time in announcing new products.
Intel promised super fast and high-capacity SSDs with 3D NAND chips last year, and the company announces the first of those drives Thursday.
Aimed at enterprise customers, Samsung's new SSD is the world's largest drive of its kind.
In an industry first, Seagate has been able to boost areal density to 1TB per platter in a 2.5-inch form factor that's only 7mm high.
Information storage and virtualisation company, and wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) has added the Hitachi Flash Storage (HFS) A series family to its flash portfolio.
Toshiba Corporation has announced that Toshiba Group will implement a series of management measures under a Toshiba Revitalization Action Plan. This plan will include reducing its headcount by 6800, about 30 per cent of its global total.
WD unveiled a 10TB helium-filled hard drive that represents a 25% increase in capacity over the previous generation drive.
SSDs have seen four straight quarters of 10% or greater price drops, leading one analyst to predict that they will near price parity with hard drives in the next two years.
Flash memory product company, Lexar, has introduced a 128GB capacity to its Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II memory card range.
Flash memory product company, Lexar, has announced two additions to its mobile USB 3.0 flash drive line: the Lexar JumpDrive M20c and the Lexar JumpDrive M20i.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Akitio's combines two speedy technologies in blazing external SSD
- Intel claims storage supremacy with swift 3D XPoint Optane drives, 1-petabyte 3D NAND
- Nvidia's DGX-1 supercomputer packs the horsepower of 250 servers
- Intel's new SSDs are advance scouts for NVMe
- Intel's fastest 22-core Broadwell chip comes to new servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW